Complaint Review: Cash Call

Cash Call
Anaheim, California U.S.A.

Cash Call I was ripoffed by Cashcall. Anaheim California

*Consumer Comment: Ouch!

I was behind on my mortgage and almost went into forecloser. I was looking for a quick loan to help me catch up on my mortgage. I appiled for a loan with Cashcall. I was approved for a loan of $2,525.00. I paid $216.55 starting April, 1 2007. I ended up paying back $9,288.17. I didn't understand how the intrest rate worked. I just knew I didn't want to loose my home. I was charged 97.66% intrest and was charged $6,763.17 finance charge. I just paid off this loan and would like to know is there someone out there that has enough balls to fight for low income people like me that became a victium of a loan shark. How can our goverment allow companies to take advantange of people trying to keep their homes and pay their bills. I would be willing to tell my story to anyone who will listen. Please Help me get my money back.

Another ripped off victium form Cashcall

Evelyn
Bay Minette, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2009 06:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cash-Call/Anaheim-California/Cash-Call-I-was-ripoffed-by-Cashcall-Anaheim-California-465059. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cash Call

Ouch!

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)

Evelyn,

Although I agree that Cash Call is somewhat of a scam operation, you were not the victim of a "loan shark." You were a victim of your own failure to understand the nature and terms of the loan.

Companies like Cash Call make what are intended to be short term loans, i.e. paid off in a matter of weeks or months, not years. To make a profit from a short term loan, the APR has to be pretty high. I have seen higher than the figure you quoted.

I certainly have sympathy for your situation. But as a general rule, the only circumstance under which you should take out a loan from one of these companies is where you need money right away AND will have the ability to pay back the loan in a short period of time.

Best regards!