Complaint Review: Cash Call

• Submitted: Tue, March 24, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, March 26, 2009

• Reported By:Huntington Beach California
Cash Call
www.cashcall.com Fountain Valley, California U.S.A.

Cash Call no contract Fountain Valley California

*Consumer Comment: Might try speaking with a Lawyer

Cash call is indeed a rip off. In 2005 my husband received a telephone call from cash call stating that the agent was referred by a friend our our. (By the way no friend referred him). Because my husbands business was not doing well we inquired about a loan for 2500.00 to get us thru the winter. After to speaking with the agent I sent him my application and documents via fax to see if we would qualify. OF COURSE WE DID.

I asked about the terms and payments but off course he was very vague only telling me it was alot. I was not comfortable with the answers so unless he sent me a contract I would not be interested in it. After several calls regarding if I was going to take the loan and me telling them I needed a copy of the contract I declined the loan. Guess what I got a distribution for 2500.00 the next week. No contract, no information.

In Jan of 2006 when I finally got thru to an customer service rep because my agent didnt exist (guess they don't use their real names) I asked them how I could send them back the money since I did not sign a contract authorizing them to make the distribution. Oh I could send back the money but with about 350. worth of interest. They sent me a copy of the contract I signed (guess what no signature) but then they told me I did it on the internet. Funny I had no computer at the time and I had to fax all my information to them. And by the way I was at work at the time I did this on the internet and no access to the internet.

I have sent all my documentation to several collection agents and they realized that Cash Call messed up. But guess what I just received a Summons I am being sued.

Is there anyone who is filing a class action against this company because I will not pay one dime to this rip off company.

Thea
Huntington Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2009 01:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cash-Call/Fountain-Valley-California/Cash-Call-no-contract-Fountain-Valley-California-436986. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cash Call

Might try speaking with a Lawyer

AUTHOR: Cari - (U.S.A.)

You might try speaking with a Laywer in this matter. I too, never received any contract until The Attorney General's Office, (I filed a complaint with their office) got on r, (Cash Call's) case. But...I did phone in a loan with them. And...like you, did it at work, and I am not allowed to use their computer for personal business,(they do check on their employees) and once I did receive a copy of the contract, it was from the internet, and had no signature on it. BTW: the customer service rep quoted me an interest rate of 25% over the phone. As it turns out, the interest rate was actually 99.1%! Unbelievable. These people are allowed to get away with this! Good luck to you, I personally know of no class action lawsuit against these loan sharks as of yet. If you want to try filing a complaint with the Attorney General's Office, I did mine on-line, and received a response within 2 weeks. Here is their web address should you wish to file a complaint: www.ag.ca.gov. Go to file a consumer complaint, the rest will be self explainatory. Good luck to you.