Complaint Review: Cash Energy

• Updated: Fri, February 14, 2014

• Reported By: Jeremy — New Gloucester Maine
Cash Energy
8 Pleasant Hill Road Scarborough, Maine USA

Cash Energy Poor Customer Service, Untrustworhy, Disrespectful, Unprofessional Scarborough Maine

Used them for over a year without any problems.  Then, prior to a storm the delivery man failed to take one step into snow to connect the oil hose.  The path was shoveled and the roof had dumped just on the edge of the path, covering a 2 foot section to the oil refill pipe.  My wife was home and watched the gentleman go to the pipe and assumed oil was being delivered.  The driver did not knock on the door.  The telephone number they had on file was not any telephone number recognized and not the number on file.  Delivery was cancelled.  After realizing that they did not fill the oil, I called and asked why and got a story about the driver fell while walking up the incline to the pipe.  Rescheduled for 2 days (day after storm).

Again, went and shouveled path all the way to pipe, and after 4 phone calls in the afternoon, with Cash Energy confirming we were "on" for delivery, got a phone call at the correct number stating the driver "tried" to deliver but the road wasn't plowed.  Unless they "tried" to deliver oil at 7:30 am, the road was plowed.  Customer service rep, was very snippity and said that the radios were down early and had no way of knowing it was attempted deliverd.  At this point, I got angry and demanded a refund.  I did use one word of colorful language and asked for a managerand the rep hung up on me (after explaining that I have been out of oil for 4 days have a preganant wife and a todler and not heat or hot water).

Immediuately called back, in shock, again asking for a manager.  He proceeds to tell me he heard the conversation and wouldn't be talked to like that by a non-Mainer.  He then hung up on me.  At this point, I still have no oil and no refund.  I had to call back a third time and after further demeaning talk by a mightier than thou manager (asking if I talk to my doughter this way, demanding apologies for his entire office, and stating "Mainer's don't treat Mainer's like this...), he refused to give me a refund unitl I apologized to him for a third time.

Completely unprofessional service.  I'm not sure what changed in the past year, but they have lost this customer and my word of mouth campaign won't end with New GLoucester.

I hope my refund is applied (manager stated 3-5 business days), so you can bet your yearly heating bill if I don't see the refund on the 5th business day, a formal complaint will be filed with BBB.  I don't trust that I will get a refund, so, here I come BBB.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2014 02:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cash-Energy/Scarborough-Maine-04074/Cash-Energy-Poor-Customer-Service-Untrustworhy-Disrespectful-Unprofessional-Scarboroug-1123620. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cash Energy