Complaint Review: Cash Your Gold Now

• Updated: Sun, January 02, 2011

• Reported By: Mike — Van Buren Maine United States of America
Cash Your Gold Now
Upland, California United States of America

Cash Your Gold Now I sent them $700 worth of gold and they sent me $20 when I complained I was told too bad Upland, California

*Consumer Comment: Gold Broker?

*Consumer Comment: send it to me..

*Consumer Comment: Sell local?

*Consumer Suggestion: 14 Day Return Policy

I recently sent a sold 14kt gold chain. I weighed the chain before I sent it and it weighed 27 grams. I received a weight slip from them stating it weighed 27.1 grams (close enough). I also received from them a check of $20.33. I assumed their calculator was not working properly because I calculate 27 grams of 14kt gold which is 58% pure gold, would be somewhere in the neighborhood of $700.00 give or take. I also had the chain appraised for scrap gold and it was valued at $690.00 which I could have sold it for at that time.

I sent them two emails in an effort to resolve this discrepancy, neither email was responded to. I cannot sell my gold chain with aprox. oz of pure gold in it for $20.00. I finally reached them by phone and was told it is too late my gold chain was being melted down today. They also stated they had no intentions of returning my chain or giving me any more than the check for $20.33. This company is a fraud they give you just a little bit of money just so they can say they paid for it. This company is stealing peoples money from all over the country and is getting away with it. Their site also states 100% satisfaction?

Michael

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2011 11:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cash-Your-Gold-Now/Upland-California-91785/Cash-Your-Gold-Now-I-sent-them-700-worth-of-gold-and-they-sent-me-20-when-I-complained-677503. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cash Your Gold Now

Gold Broker?

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

I have an accurate scale..and I guaranty I will send you a check.

I absolutely believe you have that scale! Problem is, gold is traded in TROY ounces, not English ounces so your "herb/postal" scale isn't going to be usefull.

Guess well add "gold dealer" to your ever growing resume. LMAO!!!

send it to me..

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

I have an accurate scale..and I guaranty I will send you a check.

Sell local?

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

Don't you have places near you where you can sell gold? I can't imagine sending it to some internet outfit and trusting them.

Not a good idea obviously.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

14 Day Return Policy

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

If you contacted them before their 14 day return limit you have a real good case. Since you're in Maine and they're in Massachusetts you could do a small claims suit in MA. Just add in the travel costs as expenses to be reimbursed.

Also, notify the Massachusetts attorney generals office. I suspect they've heard of this company before and not in a favorable light.