Complaint Review: CashCall

• Updated: Thu, March 14, 2013

• Reported By: Amy — Toledo Ohio United States of America
CashCall
1600 S Douglass Rd Anaheim, California United States of America

CashCall sold to this company via Western Sky Continuous threats &harassment, borderline stalking, obscene, unlawful interest rates, unwilling to abide by state laws Anaheim, California

The day after I got a loan from Western Sky, they quickly sold it to CashCall, come to find out that the loan I took out with Western Sky was most likely illegal, being that they are on Indian reservation sovereign land; this explains the quick selling of this loan.

CashCall allowed me to set up a payment plan, where I could pick anyday between the 1st and 15th of the month to pay. I choose the 15th. I toggled between them auto-withdrawing out of my checking and paying them via money gram. Seeing that they allowed me to choose the date of payment, beginning on the 1st of every month I would receive about 5+ phone call per day to each number I listed.  They would call to harass and  threaten me that if I don't pay my account, I'll continue to get the phone calls and possibility of legal action.

The more I got sick of the harassing phone calls, did I actually look into cash call and western sky to see there are a lot of people in my shoes, with them trying to charge $10k on a $2500 loan. The interest rate on my loan is around 128%.

I tried writing to these companies to settle a payment arrangement because according to Ohio State Law, not only are they violating every term and condition of the ORC: interest no more than 28%, must have physical location within the states, but they are at this point wanting me to file harassment charges on them.

I have yet to receive a response to them, my original letter was dated February 20, 2013. I re-emailed them earlier this week offering detailed payment arrangements, on this date, I'll pay this amount. Still nothing.

At this point, I need some legal help or someone to point me in the right direction of how I can start a class action lawsuit in Ohio against these 2 companies. Please contact me asap. Thanks!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2013 06:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CashCall/Anaheim-California-92806/CashCall-sold-to-this-company-via-Western-Sky-Continuous-threats-harassment-borderline-s-1028519. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CashCall