depth

• Updated: Fri, February 17, 2012

• Reported By: Brandon — Larwill Indiana United States of America
CashLand
410 South Elm St Medina, Ohio United States of America

CashLand Cashland, Went back on their word that someone else could pick up my jewelry for me as long as I signed the back of the pawn slip. Forcing me to drive 500 miles to reclaim it. I was told that my signature on th Medina, Ohio

When I first considered using this pawn shop I made sure to clarify that I would not be able to pick the item up myself and that I would like to send a friend with the money to retrieve it for me. I was assured that this would not be an issue and that all I would have to do is sign the back of the pawn slip, giving the needed authority to anyone I chose.

I am from another state so I was nervous at first but this gave me peace of mind and didn't seem too complicated. After signing the pawn slip over to a friend that lives in the Medina area and giving them the money to pick it up for me he was informed that my signatures (one on the from from when it was pawned, and one on the back from when I signed it over to him) did not match closely enough and he would be unable to pick it up.

Keep in mind that these are both my signatures and we all know that even our own signatures may vary slightly each time we write them. After talking to a CashLand representative to explore other options I was told that I have none, other than making the 500 mile round trip myself. I was also told not to worry, that it would only cost me X amount per month, that is until next month when we take ownership, per our contract. The money was not an issue with me however a promise that someone else could pick up my item and then being told otherwise is a big issue. I tried to find some other way to not have to make the drive but they were completely unwilling to work with me in any way.

I feel that I was mislead and taken advantage of in hopes that I would not bother with the long drive to reclaim my property. This was a very expensive piece of jewelry.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2012 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CashLand/Medina-Ohio-44256/CashLand-Cashland-Went-back-on-their-word-that-someone-else-could-pick-up-my-jewelry-for-840936. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CashLand