Complaint Review: Cass Plumbing

• Submitted: Wed, December 06, 2000
  • Updated: Wed, February 27, 2002

• Reported By:Tempe Arizona
Cass Plumbing
4569 30th St. San Diego, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 619 284-9252
  • Web:
  • Category: Plumbing

Cass Plumbing rip-off

*UPDATE Employee: Communication is Key

It only cost me $40 but boy was I mad. ....My wife called Cass Plumbing in San Diego to see if somone could come to our house and fix a clogged drain right away.

The girl at Cass said she didnt have anyone available then but would call back if she found someone. My wife called around and found another plumber that came out and fixed the problem. End of story ,right? WRONG!!

Cass PLumbing comes out the next day,I tell them we never made an appointment with them and that someone else fixed the drain. They go away and I recieve a bill a few days later for $40.

I called them and told them they provided no service so Im not paying it. The next bill comes with a threat to send it to a collection agency. I paid the $40 along with a nasty note. I sure hope this cost them alot more than $40 in buisness.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cass-Plumbing/San-Diego-California/Cass-Plumbing-rip-off-3987. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cass Plumbing

Communication is Key

AUTHOR: Gayle - ()

Communication is key.

We, at Cass Plumbing, try to accomodate our customers as quickly and professionally as possible.However, in this instance lack of communication is the culprit.

We scheduled the service call with the woman of the house and explained to her that we did not have any tehcnicians available that day, but could send someone first thing the next morning. She agreed and stated that she was going to call around in effort to find someone sooner. If she did find another company she would call us to cancel. But she wanted to keep her appointment so as not to have to wait longer, as we schedule on a first come-firt served basis.

We never received a cancellation phone call either during business hours or from our 24-hour answering service. The next day we dispatched a technician, as agreed, and found the problem had been fixed earlier.

We charged the customer a minimal trip charge rather than our regular $62.45 an hour. Which we felt was fair since we performed our end of the agreement and were not notified of cancellation as stated the customer would do.

Communication is important.