Complaint Review: Cass West

• Updated: Tue, July 30, 2013

• Reported By: Project Manager — Edmonton Alberta
Cass West
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Cass West Mr. Good All Services Big promises delivered nothing Edmonton Alberta Canada

*General Comment: Employees/Customers Beware

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: i agree

*General Comment: Cass West Ripoff - July 30, 2013

In July 2013  we found an ad from Cass West of Mr. Good All Services on Kijiji. Needed post-move-out cleaning done in house that had been rented. Cass started by not showing up anywhere close to when he said he would and was full of suspicious-sounding excuses. Next he engaged in a lot of very big talk concerning how he was much better than any other property management service and that we were going to be so happy at how sparkling clean our house would be from top to bottom. He insisted on being paid up front ($315) and we trusted him to execute on his promises. Over the next two weeks he did nothing and responded with evasive answers and flat-out lies.

As far as I could tell the only thing he cleaned was the stove (already half-cleaned when we hired him) and two sets of blinds (did not clean the other 4 sets or anything else he was supposed to). We ended up having to hire others to do the work that my wife and I could not take on ourselves. Cass did not respond when I demanded half my money back.

His game is to demand money up front, accompanied by extravagant promises, then stall and stall and stall and deliver nothing. He responds to texts and phone calls but just keeps talking and promising until you get sick of him and give up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2013 01:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cass-West/Edmonton-Alberta/Cass-West-Mr-Good-All-Services-Big-promises-delivered-nothing-Edmonton-Alberta-Canada-1071423. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cass West

#1 General Comment

Employees/Customers Beware

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

It's mega cool to see that people are finally reporting this fool (I beleive his name is Cass West). It seems he is "Mr. Good All". Mr Good All at lying, cheating and robbing people of both their money and time. Hard work does not appear to be rewarded nor do legitamate customer concerns.

A few weeks ago I responded to one of his moving ads on the kijiji and it seemed ok in the beginning. But buddy went hard with his $6275.00 quote for both a moveout clean and the shipping of my goods to my new resadence in North Battleford Saskatchewan. He wanted 80% of this total up front, which is why I did some research and it didn't cost that much for my half brother to move to Ontario - let alone move me and clean my 900sq ft apartment. Sheesh!!!

He did'nt reply to any further texts or calls after I had asked him to justify the price. I reckon that he needs this money to pay "interpreted as pretend to pay his staff" for the services that in the end he did not want to render. From what I have read in the reports he is a sqatter brain who needs to be put out of business.

His employees need't worry, he only needs a few more moves to wherever and someone will one day be paid - once the pig flys.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

i agree

AUTHOR: mr name - ()

anyone reading this cass west is a fruad and a discrace to the cleaning industry. i worrked for him for three weeks and he owes me $1500. apperantly after i walked out on him cuz i got ired of him  giving me the run around of when he was paying me he ripped me of. so my question is what is he doing to hos customers cuz nothing is put in writing. so anyone that needs cleaning or handy work done stay away from goodall services. he will makes promises but he will not deliver

#3 General Comment

Cass West Ripoff - July 30, 2013

AUTHOR: Gwen - ()

Amazing!!! I was conned by this man on the same day!!! I am very angry at myself for choosing a house cleaner from a Kijiji ad and then trusting his promises for efficient and thorough cleaning. I realize that I am an idiot for trusting this .... cleaner; I paid $300 upfront for cleaning of a rental property that was empty. He insisted on coming at 9pm, stating that he usually cleans until 2am. He agreed to clean this home - vacuum all floors, wash kitchen floor, wipe counters and clean fridge, wipe window sills, clean 2 full baths and wash the outside of 1 outside window. He arrived on time and was happy to accept my cash. While my daughter was in the house he washed the BOTTOM half of the outside window! He told her his stool was too short (this is a bungalow house), he then used my kitchen chair to stand on to wash the bottom half of the window. As far as I can tell, for my $300 he vacuumed 2 bedroom floors (hardwood), cleaned 7 window sills, washed one bathroom sink and wiped the inside of the fridge. I am not sure why he chose those items to clean. I checked on the house at 7:30 July 31st (my move out day) to discover how little cleaning he did. And he had returned the kitchen chair with dirt all over the legs. I immediately called his cell phone and told him I was very unhappy with his poor effort and lack of results. He agreed to come to the house that morning and finish. I had to leave work early at 12:00, only to find that he had not returned to finish the job. His only response was a text stating he was busy. THEN HIS MOM PHONED ME! Accusing me of ripping off her son! She accused me of being too demanding, "he ruined his vacuum at your house" and suggesting that if I pursue this it would be harrassement.

Any way ..... I have notified Kijiji of the untruthful nature of his ad. I have initiated a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.     :(

Sadly, too trusting.