Complaint Review: Castaways Vacation Club

• Submitted: Mon, July 07, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 07, 2008

• Reported By:Canal Winchester Ohio
Castaways Vacation Club
5601 Brodie Lane Suite 620-304 Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Castaways Vacation Club, Beachcombers Huge Scam, We Need To Stop Them NOW!!! Austin Texas

My husband and I were ripped off by Castaways in 2007. It took me a year to realize what a scam it was. Our sale people , Bill & Jody Cate were very good. They work for Beachcombers , Doug Bennett, a Distributor.
I tried to use the club three different times only to find out I couldn't. When I recieved the bill in the mail the other day for my yearly dues of 225.00 I decided to call them and let them know I wasn't paying dues on something of no use to us.
I said I wanted a refund for 4493.00 that we paid for the membership. I spoke to Melissa who told me to call the corp. office 1-888-843-2565. That got me nowhere. After a week of no return phone calls I called them back and was told the girl who takes care of that would call me the next day. Two days later Melissa called me and said they directed my problem back to her. She offered to send us to a condo of our choice for a week and said we wouldn't have to pay our yearly dues and she would send us the 300.00 in gas cards,WOW, what a joke.
I'm by no means done with this company. I will contact an attorney for futher advice. Also we all need to file a class action law suite against them.
I googled Castaways and was shocked at all the complaints they have. If we all come together against them think what we could do. Together we can put them out of business once and for all and keep others from being RIPPED OFF.

Canal Winchester, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2008 08:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Castaways-Vacation-Club/Austin-Texas-78745/Castaways-Vacation-Club-Beachcombers-Huge-Scam-We-Need-To-Stop-Them-NOW-Austin-Texas-348514. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Castaways Vacation Club