Complaint Review: Castle Credit Corporation

Castle Credit Corporation
8430 W.Bryn Mowr Ave. Suite 750 Chicago, Illinois USA

Castle Credit Corporation Threatening and Harassing Chicago Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Confused...

I had purchaced a Kirby sweeper and it was financed through Castle Credit for $2,600. I had paid on it for 3 years and with their interest rates and late fees I never could get it paid off. After 4 years I filed Chapter 13 bankruptcy because I had lost my job. Under bankruptcy I had paid it down to $130. My case was dismissed and Castle Credit added over $700 in late fees and interest. I had been going through bankruptcy for over 10 years now. Castle Credit had continued to harrass and bully me. We told them several times to come get the sweeper, but no they would rather harrass me. Now their lawyer has contacted us to pay almost $800 after 10 years.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2014 05:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Castle-Credit-Corporation-/Chicago-Illinois/Castle-Credit-Corporation-Threatening-and-Harassing-Chicago-Illinois-1140009. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Castle Credit Corporation

Confused...

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Exactly how is this a RipOff?

You said you filed Bankruptcy but it was Dismissed..meaning YOU did not fullfill the requirements of the court.  That is not their fault.  But then you say you have been "going" through BK for over 10 years.  How exactly if the case was Dismissed are you still going through it?  Did you re-file a BK?  Did you include this debt in it again?

I am actully very curious as to what about your other debts?  I mean you didn't file Bankruptcy for a single debt that at most was $2600.  Even with the Best case where every single one of your other creditors forgave your debt years ago and you have a single $800 debt now, if this is causing you problems now seems like there is a lot you are not saying.

The only thing I will say in your possible favor is you may get out of this by the Statute of Limitations.  MOST cases the Statute of Limitations runs only 2-6 years, and if you have not paid or even attempted to pay in the last 10 years.  They may not have legal grounds to come after you.  So perhaps since you are still "going" through BK you should talk to your current lawyer and have them look at this angle to see if you even owe them the money.