I was contacted in Feb. 2007 by Eugene Gordon of Castle Resorts International asking me to sell my timeshares with them. He told me he was a "BROKER"...(not even close) and that there was no risk listing with them because if after 180 days I didn't receive an offer, I would get a 100% refund of my money. I paid them $685 to list my property. Of course, nothing happened, no sales, no offers, no answering of their phones when I called. Whenever I did get a live person to answer the phone, they would give me the run around.
When my 180 days were up, I asked for a refund. At first Walter told me that my 180 days were up but I should wait a few more days as my property was out with TUPPERWARE (wonder if they know he is using their name in a false claim?) and they may make an offer. I waited, and then I called back and asked for a refund. Now Walter has the nerve to tell me I have to wait another month as my 180 days is not up yet. EXCUSE ME! Count again buddy!
Anyway, he recounted and then said I was right. He would have to pull my file and call me back about the refund. I asked him how long that would take. He said he would call me that day. Several hours had gone by and I knew it was drawing near the close of business hours in FL so I called.
I talked to "Jackie" who told me Walter had left for the day. I told her that he said he would call me TODAY. She said there is nothing she could do and no one else I could talk to. I told her I was wanting information on my refund. She then told me that Walter was not just the manager, but vice president and OWNER of Castle Resorts and that if I wanted my money back, I better sue him. That minute, I faxed and emailed a letter to him regarding this. The next day my husband talked to Walter on the phone. Walter told my husband that he had received the fax as well as the email and that he was pulling our file and going to be in contact that day. ANOTHER LIE!!
To make a longer story shorter..I have started paperwork with my lawyers. He is writing a formal letter to Walter and Castle Resorts demanding my money in 10 days or we will file a lawsuit here in California on him and his company. Because Walter's company called me in California to sell my property, he will have to come all the way out here to try to fight this in court.
Hard to do since I have a contract stating that there would be a 100% refund. Not only will I go after them for that money, but for court costs, any interest from the day I signed the contract or asked for the refund, whichever is allowed by law. I will also sue for phone expenses and time spent trying to get this resolved. Walter, I'm waiting for your reply. gonna call now? I'm sure if you do it will just be full of more running around.