Complaint Review: Castle Rock Security

• Submitted: Mon, April 04, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, April 04, 2011

• Reported By: Jordanlew — Redford Michigan United States of America
Castle Rock Security
2101 South Arlington Heights Road Arlington Heights, Illinois United States of America

Castle Rock Security Scam Artist, Unethical, Thieves Arlington Heights, Illinois

This is a letter I wrote to Castle Rock Security regarding their unethical, thieving ways:

Effective immediately, I am cancelling my service with your company for the home security system. I have been a customer for well over five years and have found the equipment faulty and the service inadequate. I cannot count how many times my security system has been inoperable.
Approximately, less than two years ago I was basically forced to upgrade the equipment for a fee of $199. Thereafter, I have had more problems with the service being down than working. Also, your company attempted to charge me a labor charge of $125 to put a replacement censor on my door. All that was required was to peel off the tape and stick it on the door.  That is absolutely ridiculous.

I no longer choose to do business with your company. Please, cancel my service TODAY! (March 15, 2011). I repeat, DO NOT re-enroll me with your services.
This letter provides you with more than adequate time to discontinue my services before the so-called re-enrollment date of June 16, 2011.

Please note that you should practice informing your customers thirty (30) days or more of their so-called re-enrollment date. Your automatic re-enrollment without notice is not only unfair to loyal consumers but also unethical.

Sincerely Disappointed,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2011 12:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Castle-Rock-Security/Arlington-Heights-Illinois-60005/Castle-Rock-Security-Scam-Artist-Unethical-Thieves-Arlington-Heights-Illinois-713670. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Castle Rock Security