Complaint Review: Castlebridge Publishing

• Submitted: Tue, April 16, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, July 03, 2002

• Reported By:
Castlebridge Publishing
700 N Colorado Blvd #288 Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

Castlebridge Publishing ripoff, misleading sales letter and stealing money con artist fake ripoff false promises tricked and lied to us Denver Colorado *UPDATE BBB no help! thank you Rip-off Report

*0: EDitor's Response to the Denver BBB's Rebuttal:

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Want your refund?

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: LIE TO ABOUT BEING ABLE TO MAKE MONEY

*0: Thank you Rip-off Report

I received a slaes letter from Castle Bridge that was very misleading. They stated that for only around $80 I could join their program and make $3 for each letter stuffed and 50% comissoin on each brouchure that got them a sale.

I sent them the cash and waited. After about three weeks of no response with the promised goods in 3 - 7 days I looked on the internet and found them to be fraud.

Naomi
Rolla, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2002 11:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Castlebridge-Publishing/Denver-Colorado-80206/Castlebridge-Publishing-ripoff-misleading-sales-letter-and-stealing-money-con-artist-fake-18969. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Castlebridge Publishing

#1 0

EDitor's Response to the Denver BBB's Rebuttal:

AUTHOR: - ()

Oh Stephie;

You have no idea how long I have been waiting for this opportunity. First, I want to get it right out front how much I detest the "Better?" Business Bureau and the racketeering they engage in, to the detriment of the consumers of North America.

Pursuant to your last misleading statement:
"The BBB does not process these complaints because the companys are not located (most times) where you send your money."

Didn't you really make that statement so that you can deceive visitors to your website about this company, who will read the following message?

"...Castlebridge Publishing has had no complaints."

REALLY!! So, you don't take complaints, but report that they have had no complaints. This is fraud and a huge scam - and this is why you need to be put out of business.

Now that we have YOU, the BBB, on this website, we all demand to know how much Castlebridge Publishing contributes to the BBB on a monthly basis? We doubt we will get an answer, because the answer to this question, and for every other member-business, will tell us the level of deceit the BBB uses in exchange for this protection racket, for a fee.

This is the tip of the BBB extortion iceberg and we are going to show you the whole ice floe. In the next few months, the BBB will either come out and repent very publicly of their offenses to the consumers of the US and Canada, or go quietly away into hiding and ultimately into obscurity.

Very Sincerely,
ED Magedson
EDitor-in-Chief

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Want your refund?

AUTHOR: Stephanie - ()

The US Postal Inspection office investigates work at home schemes because it IS a form af mail Fraud. To obtain a refund from the company you must first send a written request to the company, ALWAYS keep a copy for yourself, If the company does not respond to your request, Notify your local Postal Inspections Office.

Most times the addresses for these companies are just "drop" boxes and the mail is forwarded somewhere else. The correct Postal Inspector for Castlebridge Publishing is in Texas at 10410 Perrin-Beitel, Room 1113, San Antonio, Texas 78284-9900.

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

LIE TO ABOUT BEING ABLE TO MAKE MONEY

AUTHOR: ROBERT - ()

THE COMPANY CASTLEBRIDGE PUBLISHING TELLS YOU THAT YOU CAN MAKE $3.OO AN LETTER MADED OUT. I'VE WAITED ABOUT TWO WEEKS AND TRY TO CONTACT THEM WITH NO LUCK.

I EVEN SEND FOR THE FAST SHIPPING AND HANDLING. I AM LOSTING A TOTAL OF $45.00 BECAUSE I DIDNOT HAVE THE MONEY FOR THERE WHOLE DEAL THAT THEY TELL YOU ABOUT A & B PROGRAM WHICH IS MUCH HIGHER IN PRICE.

IS THERE ANYONE THAT CAN GET OUR MONEY BACK FOR WHAT HAPPEN OR SEND THEM TO JAIL AND NOT PASS GO TO RIP-OFF ANYONE ELSE.

#4 0

AUTHOR: - ()

----- Original Message -----

From: "Christine" @webtv.net

To: info@RipOffReport.com

Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 3:58 PM

Subject: Dishonest business - thnank you rip-off report

I received a solicitation from Castlebridge that said, "here is the information you requested", which I thought was odd right away because I did not request it.

The BBB was unable to help me and I was sooooo close to just sending the check because I am a stay-at-home mom and we could really use the supplemental income. I should have known it was too good to be true.

Thanks to all who shared their stories because it was a very unselfish thing to prevent someone else from being scammed. I'm sorry and I hope you receive restitution soon.

Sincerely,