Complaint Review: Catalina Express

• Updated: Tue, September 01, 2009

• Reported By: Danny — Santa Ana California USA
Catalina Express
95 Berth San Pedro, California United States of America

Catalina Express Lied and Lied Some More. Promised refund 3 times and never came through. San Pedro California

I had a coupon for $7.50 off each round-trip ticket. I booked my reservations online thinking Id be able to enter the coupon code on your website, but there was no field to enter the coupon code. I booked the reservations and then immediately called Catalina Express to ask how I could get the coupon redeemed. A CE representative told me that I could take the coupon to the ticket window before boarding the ferry and they would refund my card the amount of the coupon for each ticket. I asked her again to confirm this would be the case because I would have just canceled my reservations right then and booked it over the phone with her, but she assured me that the ticket window would honor the coupon and refund my card.

The morning of our trip we got to the terminal early and I went to the ticket counter with coupon in hand and was told that the coupon would not be honored. I related the same story above and the CE representative very rudely told me I was mistaken and they wouldnt refund my card even if the phone rep said they would.

I called Catalina Expresss customer service line right away and talked to a nice gentleman who tried his best to help me, but said the ticket window had the final say.

I really dont like being told one thing by a company representative and then having another representative tell me that it was false. I should have just cancel my reservations and booked them over the phone when I called CE right after I placed my order online.

According to the terms of the coupon, its good for up to 6 adult tickets. I purchased 5 so Im looking for a refund of $37.50.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2009 02:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Catalina-Express/San-Pedro-California-90731/Catalina-Express-Lied-and-Lied-Some-More-Promised-refund-3-times-and-never-came-through-488369. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Catalina Express