Complaint Review: Catholic Charities

• Submitted: Sat, April 06, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, April 06, 2013

• Reported By: Rocktex — Longs South Carolina
Catholic Charities

Catholic Charities Got a call from Visa fraud protection that a donation of $500 had been made to "Catholic Charities" Internet

*Consumer Comment: Visa Fraud using Catholic Charities

Someone used my Visa card info to make a "donation" of $500 to Catholic Charities I assume this is a falsely named account from which the scammer can then withdraw the funds Fortunately, Visa's fraud protection service alerted me and I was able to refuse the charge and cancel the account

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2013 02:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Catholic-Charities/internet/Catholic-Charities-Got-a-call-from-Visa-fraud-protection-that-a-donation-of-500-had-been-1041267. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Catholic Charities

Visa Fraud using Catholic Charities

AUTHOR: vegasbc - ()

I have been dealing with the same experience this week. I opened my online bank account and saw a pending withdrawal on my debit card account (Visa) in the amount of $500 listed as Cath Charities.  I called the bank and they will not stop payment.  I called Catholic Charities and spoke with the controller who conducted an audit and found only one charge in the amount of $500 in the past 30 days, but the last four digits on that debit card charge are different than the last four digits on my debit card.  I filed a police report and called the bank back with the police report number.  Yet the bank will not put a stop payment to the thief.  What kind of fraud protection system is that?  I caught the fraud before it posted and yet the bank insists on paying the theif, but will not reiumburse me the $500 for ten business days after I filed the fraud claim.  Utterly ridiculous.