Complaint Review: Cathy Jean Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, July 17, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, July 17, 2003

• Reported By:Huntington Beach California
Cathy Jean Inc.
1075 Westminster Mall Westminster, California U.S.A.

Cathy Jean Shoes ripoff Westminster California

I returned a pair of shoes to Cathy Jean that I had purchased about one week earlier using my Visa credit card. When the credit did not show up on my statement the following month I inquired at the store.

Upon reviewing the receipt for the credit, I found the credit had been made to a credit card other than my own. I know this because the credit card number is totally different than any credit card I own, and different from the card I gave the clerk to credit.

It is my strong belief the employee who processed the credit pulled a fast one on me. When I was distracted after explaining to her I needed to return the shoes I believe she slid her own credit card thru to process the credit for her benefit, then she had me sign the receipt for the credit business as usual.

Even though I complained by phone and by letter to the corporate headquarters at Cathy Jean, the company has not contacted me or done anything to resolve this issue.

Consequently, I never received the credit of $59 I was due, and my credit card company did hold me responsible for payment of the charge. So I do not have the shoes or the money.

Huntington Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2003 02:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cathy-Jean-Inc/Westminster-California-92647/Cathy-Jean-Shoes-ripoff-Westminster-California-63974. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cathy Jean Inc.