Complaint Review: Cat's Meow

• Updated: Sun, July 28, 2013

• Reported By: RippedInCT — Mystic Connecticut
Cat's Meow
Cat's Meow P.O. Box 3179 Wallingford, CT 06494 Wallingford, Connecticut USA

Cat's Meow Deceptive Advertising and Internet Processing Practices Wallingford Connecticut

Cat's Meow advertises their cat toy for $19.99, plus 7.95 P&H. They offer multiple options to add on to purchase during the course of the transaction, including a $5 addon to upgrade to the deluxe model. I ordered one (1) unit, and upgraded the unit to the deluxe model. I expected to be charged $27.94 for the unit and 7.95 P&H. I was also expecting a confirmation page during the checkout process so I could see the actual final price I would be charged prior to processing the transaction. Instead, I immediately charged $29.99 for the unit and $15.90 for P&H, and was not given a change to confirm the order. Cat's Meow's customer service is not available over the weekend. I ordered the unit on Sunday July 28th. I will call tomorrow and cancel. If they refuse or have already processed the order, I will call my credit card company and dispute the charges.

In my view, Cat's Meow uses false advertising and/or an order processing system designed to blatantly rip off consumers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2013 08:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cats-Meow/-Wallingford-Connecticut-06494/Cats-Meow-Deceptive-Advertising-and-Internet-Processing-Practices-Wallingford-Connectic-1070729. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cat's Meow