Complaint Review: Cat's Meow

• Updated: Sat, June 01, 2013

• Reported By: Nita — Charlotte North Carolina
Cat's Meow
P.O. Box 3179 Wallingford, Connecticut USA

Cat's Meow, or Allstar Product Group Rip-Off Artists Scammed Me - Sent Me 6 Items & Billed Me For 6 Items, & I Only Ordered 2! Wallingford and Hawthorne CT and NY

After viewing their TV commercial, I went online to order the Cat's Meow toy for my cats.  They offer you a second toy if you just pay the additional shipping & handling of $7.99.  There is no way to opt out of this - you have to get two.

They get all of your credit or debit card information first before anything else.  There is a box to insert quantity.  Mine said 1 (as in one offer of 2 toys).  They don't show you any information about your order or give you the chance to review it or confirm it before placing it.  There is just a button to click to "Process Order".  When I clicked on this button, a new page appeared stating that I had just ordered 6 of these things (I ordered 1), and stating that they were taking over $108.00 out of my account.  I was completely shocked.  I had planned on this costing me around $36 and change.

There is no way to go back and revise anything.  They send you as many as they decide to send you.  Then you are stuck having to get your financial institution to initiate action against them in order to try  to get your money back.  Of course, if they even agree to honor your return request, they expect you to send it back at your cost, which is a bunch of bull.  Then they do not want to send back the $7.99 shipping per item.  Add that up 6 times and look at how much of my money they think they are going to keep.

I will fight these people to get my money back, but I don't know what will happen yet.  Buyer Beware!  Nothing but a bunch of Scammers and Rip-Off Artists.  Do not order from this company!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2013 11:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cats-Meow/Wallingford-Connecticut-06494/Cats-Meow-or-Allstar-Product-Group-Rip-Off-Artists-Scammed-Me-Sent-Me-6-Items-Bille-1055570. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cat's Meow