Complaint Review: Cautivadora

• Reported By: jmy1975 — Bremerton Washington
Cautivadora
New York, NY NY, New York USA

Cautivadora Never recieved travel hammock New York, New York

I purchased a living social deal for a folding hammock from Cautivadora on July 14th.  It cost $59 for the deal and then when I went to use it I was charged and additional $23 for shipping.  Problem #1, There was no mention in the deal about an additional fee for shipping.  I contacted them about 2 weeks later and asked when the item would ship and was told that they were backlogged and it may take 2-6 weeks to ship.  Problem #2, if I paid for it already I should have it right away, especially if the shipping was that much.  I was told that I would be notified when it ships.  I then got an email from then on 8/1 that the item had shipped.  I didn' get a tracking number or any indication on when it would arrive.  On 8/12 I emailed the company and was told that it was shipped fed ex and that I should recieve a separate tracking number from fed ex and I could call a living social hotline for this info if I didn't recieve it.  On 8/13 I called the hotline and there was a recording that said the number had been disconnected.  I called the main number and there was a recording that the phones were down for the evening.  I am not happy with this company and think they are a scam.  I have also emailed living social to ask for a refund.  Will update later.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2013 05:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cautivadora/NY-New-York/Cautivadora-Never-recieved-travel-hammock-New-YorknbspNew-York-1075603. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cautivadora