Complaint Review: Cautivadora

• Reported By: Menthol — Rochester New York
Cautivadora
cautivadora.com , Select State/Province USA

Cautivadora Hammock/Living Social rip-off scam New York New York

I, too, am a victim of the Cautivadora Hammock scam.  I purchased my hammock through the Living Social website on July 9th, and after going to their website to complete my order, was shocked at the additional $23 shipping/handling/tax charge.  Shameful that it wasn't mentioned in the description!

After patiently waiting for a few weeks, I contacted the company for a ship date.  I spoke to a foreign-sounding gentleman on a very poor phone line, and he informed me that they had received my order and needed 6-8 weeks for processing.

OK, I waited ... and waited .... and waited ... nothing.  So I e-mailed their website ... and got nothing.  Then I called ... but the phone lines were down for "maintenance."  Finally got through a few days later, left a message ... no response.

The summer is just about over, so for all intents and purposes, the hammock deal is almost useless for me.

I have asked Living Social for a refund ...

Stay tuned  ...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2013 12:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cautivadora/Select-StateProvince/Cautivadora-HammockLiving-Social-rip-off-scam-New-York-New-York-1078713. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cautivadora