Complaint Review: Cavalier Telephone, TalkAmerica

• Submitted: Thu, November 15, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, November 15, 2007

• Reported By:Gainesville Florida
Cavalier Telephone, TalkAmerica
cavtel.com Richmond, Virginia U.S.A.

Cavalier Telephone, TalkAmerica Statement and Billing Scam Artists!! Richmond Virginia

When Cavalier bought TalkAmerica the redid my plan from the no fee, 5 cents per minute plan to some kind of $45.00 per month plan. Because the statment is online and the bill is automatically put on our credit card, this went on for months without us noticing.

Finally when my wife asked about it I tried to contact them. They have two toll different toll free numbers listed for contact. Each one tells you to call the other one if you have a problem!!! No kidding!!! So then I contacted ATT to change my long distance serve to them. They said they would take care of canceling Cavalier. Since then I have bee billed THREE months before my wife noticed they were still billing!!!

So today I called the credit card company to cancel the automatic billing, (I guess that's my fault, should have done that the day I swithched to ATT). Any attorneys out there involed in or interested in a class action against these theives??? Please contact me!!!

Mike
Gainesville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2007 11:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cavalier-Telephone-TalkAmerica/Richmond-Virginia/Cavalier-Telephone-TalkAmerica-Statement-and-Billing-Scam-Artists-Richmond-Virginia-285027. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cavalier Telephone, TalkAmerica