Complaint Review: Cavalier buildings

• Updated: Fri, August 23, 2013

• Reported By: April from Arkansas — Ozark Arkansas
Cavalier buildings
2133 Upton drive Virginia Beach , Virginia USA

Cavalier buildings Falsely sold a garage.... Poor custom service Virginia Beach Virginia

*Author of original report: Was refunded my money

met with Sarah a sales rep for cavalier buildings.  She was a sweet looking young lady with very aggressive style.  Told us we were going to get a great deal because they needing a sight to advertise their buildings in this area.  we told her we wanted a a 24x26 garage/ shop building.  Went outside looked at area to put it.  She said she loved the area, and thought we would be a great fit.  Went back into house and picked out our garage from her picture album.  Discussed colors to make it match our house.  Talked about having a walk door, windows, and a drive door.  Discussed how I wanted to put up planter boxes to make it look like a little cottage.  She thought that was so cute.  I was showed a picture of the building i was wanting.  we agreed on this building and We signed papers for our building.  She said th company would be calling me on the following Friday about my color choices and offer me options. So, we Gave her a check for the deposit in the amount of $750. She told me my check would not be deposited until my building was shipped.  ( that was a lie). Then, while we watied over 2 weeks to find out about the blue prints ( only got a simple sketch to use, still waiting on blue prints after 4 weeks).  I have called this company 18 times over a month and still am not satisfied.  I have been talking to Kim Moore.  She seems very nice, BUT couldnt help me.  She called me yesterday to inform me since I am not happy with the process and was tired about the lies.... I was going to have to forfeit my deposit.   They are telling me that all I was sold was a shell..... No ends, just the sides.  How does that constitute a garage?  I was sold a garage.... Not a pole barn or a carport.  They refuse to stand behind what the salespersons are promising.  Very dishonest company and will only tell you anything you want to hear and will not follow up with their promises.  Spoke with Kim yesterday and she said they will not give my deposit back and would give my info to the lady over her.  Owner is out on a honeymoon vacation for 2 weeks.... And they couldn't do anything about this.  I feel like they are making a killing on people who they promise something to, but never push the issue.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2013 07:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cavalier-buildings/Virginia-Beach-Virginia-23454/Cavalier-buildings-Falsely-sold-a-garage-Poor-custom-service-Virginia-Beach-Virginia-1078362. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cavalier buildings

Was refunded my money

AUTHOR: April from Arkansas - ()

Was finally contacted by owner, Mr. Hobbs.  After trying 9 different times.  On the 9th try I referenced my BBB case number and my RipOff case, and got a personal call the next day.

He was very sympathetic and apologetic.  He promised to retrain his sales staff.  He ordered my refund check be issued that day.  I received it 4 stays later. .  It has now cleared the bank, I am now satisfied.   Thanks for your forum to help get this resolved.