screen

• Submitted: Mon, August 04, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, August 04, 2008

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
Cavalry Portfolio Collection Services
P.O. BOX 1030 Hawthorne, New York U.S.A.

Cavalry Portfolio Collection Services called my ex-husband to collect account from AT&T that was paid by me last year!!! Hawthorne New York

this company has started to call my ex-husband Louis to collect an old debt that I paid off last year, because it was on my credit report, I told the man that called that NCO Financial Systems had placed this debt on my credit report, after we had divorced!!! I paid it last year to clear my credit report, and NCO did not report the account as being paid off, until I contacted them in April of this year (2008), the man from Cavalry said that he was going to keep calling until Louis pays off this debt, "because it was his moral obligation to pay up", I told him that they better talk and confirmed with NCO Financial Systems about this debt being paid off already, he was very rude, I told this man that Louis should not be paying anything on an item that has been paid off already, and he hung up the phone on me, they have kept on calling and calling, harassing us, I was not aware that they are con men running a scam on unsuspecting people, I am contacting the Arizona State Attorney General, Consumers Department to report this rip off company.(we live in Phoenix,Az)

Patricia
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2008 09:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cavalry-Portfolio-Collection-Services/Hawthorne-New-York-10532/Cavalry-Portfolio-Collection-Services-called-my-ex-husband-to-collect-account-from-ATT-th-359255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cavalry Portfolio Collection Services