Complaint Review: Cavalry Portfolio Services, And Sprint

• Submitted: Fri, February 25, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, February 25, 2005

• Reported By:CROWN POINT Indiana
Cavalry Portfolio Services, And Sprint
7 Skyline Drive Hawthorne, New York U.S.A.

Cavalry Portfolio Services And Sprint Fraudulant Billing Unable to contact by phone Hawthorne New York

I couldn't believe when I did a "google" search on Cavalry Portfolio Services, LLC. that I found the first two to be from Rip-Off Report stating exactly the same problems I am having.

First off I had my purse stolen in April of 1998 and had numerous attempts made to put credit in my name, some were successful. I had immediately filed a police report and reported to the 3 credit bureua's and we put "Fraud Alerts" on my credit reports which would not allow credit to be issued in my name without them calling me at a provided number and passcode first to confirm it was indeed me trying to receive credit. This worked for the most part until January of 2004 when my fiance and I went shopping for a home and fraudulant accounts and collection accounts came up on my credit report along with addresses in Texas (which I have never even been to) and also other addresses I have never resided. The only accounts that got through this "Fraud Alert" were telephone companies. I had one from SBC in which they sent me to a collection company and I provided them with my police report and a copy of my drivers license and they did an investigation and removed it from my credit report.

Now this one is with Sprint (which I have never had an account with). This Cavalry company sends me a "let's make a deal" letter telling me that they will settle for 90% of the bill which was $704.94. Hello...It doesn't belong to me! I tried to call the number provided and got voicemail after holding for over 30 minutes. I left my name, phone number, account number and reference number asking for a call back and I never received one.

I then sent them a letter explaining that I felt I was again a victim of fraud and provided them with a copy of my police report and overnighted this information to them.
Twenty-six days after signing for my letter they sent me a letter stating I have to send them a copy of my social security card, state issued drivers license, police report and proof of residence at the time the account was established. Did they not understand that "I" did not establish this account therefore I can't provide them with where I lived at the time because I don't know when it was established!! Can you tell I am frustrated?

I am extremely leary about providing them with a copy of my social security card since this information is the same information people use to set up fraudulant accounts. After my experience with identity fraud I do not like to give my S.S.# to anyone.

I think it is very shady that no one can contact this company by phone and get an actual response. Is it a coincident that all the people that have filed a report on this company never had Sprint accounts? I think not. I am really hesitant to send them the information they are requesting to dispute this. If I don't how else will this be removed from my credit report? And why after over 7 years ago having put a "Fraud Alert" on my credit accounts with the credit burea's are these company's still issuing credit in my name without authorization?

Kelly
CROWN POINT, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2005 03:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cavalry-Portfolio-Services-And-Sprint/Hawthorne-New-York-10532/Cavalry-Portfolio-Services-And-Sprint-Fraudulant-Billing-Unable-to-contact-by-phone-Hawtho-132835. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cavalry Portfolio Services, And Sprint