Complaint Review: Cavalry Portfolio Services, Cavalry Investments

• Submitted: Sat, January 09, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, January 09, 2010

• Reported By: Chris — Phoenix Arizona United States of America
Cavalry Portfolio Services, Cavalry Investments
4050 E Cotton Center Dr #20, Phoenix, Arizona 85040 Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Cavalry Portfolio Services, Cavalry Investments Cavalry Investments Invalid Debt and Blatant Lies Phoenix, Arizona

I was contacted in July of 2009 by someone at Cavalry Portfolio Services claiming I owed Bank of America over $1,900 for a credit card I had in 2006. I advised them at that time that I would be sending them a letter to cease communication and requesting validation of the debt should they continue to claim its validity. I never heard back from them.

Yesterday, my mother received a phone call on her cell phone, from Linda Simmons at Cavalry looking for me. I phoned them back and explained to her the situation, and then was "muted" while her boss decided to get on the phone to attempt their strong-arm tactics. I again advised him of the situation, that I had already send a validation request via certified mail and that this debt was not owed as it was paid to Bank of America when the account was closed (it was a secured credit card - Bank of America already had my money to pay what was owed).

At this point in the call, the person I was speaking with asked me for a fax number to send the validation response and demand letter to. And, according to him these documents were originally sent to me in July of 2009 to the address I live at now (he read the address to me) ... and that "this address is on the letters - I can see it." Only issue is - I've lived at my current address for a little over 40 days now ... so how could it have been send to this address in July of 2009?

Sending them a second (and last) letter to cease communication since they were unable to provide me with the appropriate documentation within the guidelines allowed by the FDCPA.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2010 03:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cavalry-Portfolio-Services-Cavalry-Investments/Phoenix-Arizona-85040/Cavalry-Portfolio-Services-Cavalry-Investments-Cavalry-Investments-Invalid-Debt-and-Blata-551391. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cavalry Portfolio Services, Cavalry Investments