Complaint Review: Cavalry Portfolio Services

• Updated: Wed, August 29, 2007

• Reported By:Covington Washington
Cavalry Portfolio Services
www.cavalryportfolioservices.com Hawthorne, New York Canada

Cavalry Portfolio Services Cavalry won't talk to me about an account even though I have permission Ripoff Hawthorne New York

*Consumer Suggestion: Send the letter CERTIFIED

Cavalry sent a collections letter to my father-in-law, and my father-in-law wants to dispute that he is responsible for the account. So he sent a letter saying that and giving me permission to speak to them on his behalf.

When I called them to talk about it they claim they'd never recieved any letter and asked me to fax it. Fortunately for me, my father-in-law was shrewd enough have made a copy of his letter, which he gave me.

So I faxed the letter with the call center rep's name (as instructed) on and waited a few days to call back (also as instructed). And they still claim that they haven't recieved it and could I fax it again? I said "no way" since the letter was already sent twice. I asked to speak to a manager and was transfered to "voicemail" which turned out to be a line for a company directory.

The next person I talked to told me that it takes 3 business days to input faxed data, to which I replied that I'd called on the *4th* day after faxing. What do I have to do to get these people to acknowledge that I have permission to talk to them about this account???

Joni
Covington, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2007 06:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cavalry-Portfolio-Services/Hawthorne-New-York-10532/Cavalry-Portfolio-Services-Cavalry-wont-talk-to-me-about-an-account-even-though-I-have-pe-271175. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cavalry Portfolio Services

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Send the letter CERTIFIED

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Send a certified, return receipt requested, letter to dispute the debt per the FDCPA.

Also, do not be surprised if they will not talk to you about it. Frankly, YOU or your father SHOULD NOT TALK TO THEM AT ALL.