Complaint Review: Cavalry Portfolio Services

• Submitted: Sat, July 28, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, July 28, 2007

• Reported By:Chardon Ohio
Cavalry Portfolio Services
7 Skyline Drive Hawthorne, New York U.S.A.

Cavalry Portfolio Services Making It Up As They Go Along Ripoff Hawthorne New York

My story is similar to some already posted with a slight twist. My wife purchased a car in 1996 in Maryland. On the way home from the dealer the car quit on her never to restart again. The car dealer would do nothing for my wife so to make a long story short the car was soon repoed.

Ten years later my wife has her wages garnished by our dear friends at Cavalry for some made up figure that they seemed to pull out of thin air. Whatever! We did just what scum bag companies like this hoped we'd do. Our paycheck to paycheck lifestyle insured that we could not obtain an attorney to look over this shady looking judgement so the money started coming out of my wifes check. Finally a grand total of $4500 was paid and we could return wonderful lavish lifestyle of barely making it. At least that's what we thought......

Two days ago my wife was informed that some type of error had occured with Cavalry's original cash total taken from my wife. They are slapping another $535 garnishment on her with no explaination other than the first garnishment had been for the incorrect amount. This leads me to believe that any time Cavalry wants some quick cash they will just hit us up again and again. This must be why I'm in the sad shape I'm in with finances. In the trucking business I only charge the customer once for a load. I guess I'll look in to charging them numerous times.

I also have to wonder what kind of services the judges in these cases are receiving

Chardon, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2007 03:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cavalry-Portfolio-Services/Hawthorne-New-York-10532/Cavalry-Portfolio-Services-Making-It-Up-As-They-Go-Along-Ripoff-Hawthorne-New-York-263783. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cavalry Portfolio Services