Complaint Review: Cavalry Portfolio Services,

• Submitted: Tue, July 10, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, July 10, 2007

• Reported By:New York New York
Cavalry Portfolio Services,
7 Skyline Dr. 3rd Flr. Hawthorne, New York U.S.A.

Cavalry Portfolio Services, Same Story-They claim I owe money on acct. I never had with Sprint Hawthorne New York

I received a call in May that I owed money on an acct. that belonged to Sprint, but I have never done any business with Sprint. I don't even own a cell phone! I spoke to Sprint's fraud management dept. and they confirmed that I am not the person they're after & that they didn't even have a ss# on file for the person they are after. How then was Cavalry able to make a claim to the Credit Union?

I'm onto my second letter to them disputing the debt and am in the slow process of their run-around. I only noticed that they were still claiming that I owed them money after finding out that I had an adverse report on my credit report (Jun.)

I have now sent a dispute to them, the credit union, filed a complaint with the ftc, and the nydca.
What more can I do to get these bottom feeders off my back!

Thanks P. for SAMPLE LETTER FOR COLLECTION AGENCY TO VALIDATE CLAIM

J
New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2007 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cavalry-Portfolio-Services/Hawthorne-New-York-10532/Cavalry-Portfolio-Services-Same-Story-They-claim-I-owe-money-on-acct-I-never-had-with-Sp-259866. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cavalry Portfolio Services,