• Report: #192132

• Submitted: Thu, May 18, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, May 20, 2006

• Reported By:Brooklyn New York
Cavalry Portfolio Services
7 Skyline Drive Hawthorne, New York U.S.A.

Cavalry Portfolio Services ripoff 10% off coupon on fraudulent debt! No need to call if payment sent immediately! Hawthorne New York

*Author of original report: Let's send someone to prison - save your mail.

Cavalry Portfolio Services sent a debt collection notice to my father's address on Long Island (where I have never physically resided or claimed as anything more than the place where my car is garaged). The letter claims I owe AT&T $50.89 - unless I take advantage of the 10% off coupon. Ten percent off a supposedly valid debt from a company I have never held an account with? With a deal like this, I'd be crazy not to pay! In bold capital letters at the bottom of the page, Cavalry makes it clear that "NO CALLS ARE NECESSARY IF PAYMENT IS INCLUDED". Who knew being defrauded could be so convenient?

I called to verify exactly what it is that Cavalry and ATT&T think I owe them money for. "An account for a residential landline opened in September, 2002". When I asked them the address they had for this mythical landline (I was a cellphone only college student at the time), they claimed they did not have that information. They can find my social security # and where my father lives, but not the address under which the account was opened? They're licensed in NYC but can't look me up in the phonebook to find where I actually live? Total fraud.

Evan
Brooklyn, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2006 10:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cavalry-Portfolio-Services/Hawthorne-New-York-10532/Cavalry-Portfolio-Services-ripoff-10-off-coupon-on-fraudulent-debt-No-need-to-call-if-p-192132. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cavalry Portfolio Services

Let's send someone to prison - save your mail.

AUTHOR: Evan - (U.S.A.)

I've thought about this on a deeper level than money. What Cavalry has done to so many people will not be solved by civil judgments resulting in fines or cash awards to victims. I want a criminal investigation. Anyone who has saved their correspondence with Cavalry, and has amassed proof of a large scale attempt to defraud consumers by mail, please refer to the postal inspectors website. Despite that I will refuse to fill out any "fraud packets" that will likely be used by Cavalry to steal from me, I appreciate them sending it to me. I appreciate any piece of paper sent via the USPS that will ultimately land those responsible in Federal Prison. Help out the cause. Send your evidence:

usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud/welcome.htm