Complaint Review: Cavalry Portfolio Services

• Submitted: Mon, October 17, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, October 18, 2005

• Reported By:torrance California
Cavalry Portfolio Services
PO Box 1030,Hawthorne, New York 10532&PO Box 27288 Tempe, Arizona 85282 Tempe, Arizona U.S.A.

Cavalry Portfolio Services ripoff a bill for Union 76 they are sending me a bill for something I do have a Union 76 account. I do not owe or even own a Union credit card. This is the third time this company has sent me a bill and threaten to cause me to have bad credit. Hawthone, New York, Tempe Arizona

*Consumer Suggestion: Another Collection Scam Business

I have received three bills from this company for a bill for a Union 76 they say account #255864498 Cavalry reference # 03352142. I do not have a Union 76 card and have not had any services at a Union 76 since 1992. This is some kind of scam and harrassment. Please help to stop these threatening letters. They are sending me a bill for $1,228.90. On the back of the bill it says they are a debt collector, licensed in CA and to report unfair practices to the FTC. Which I have done before on a company named NCO.

The back of Cavalry bill it states they are licensed in Massachusetts, Minnesota, NY license number is 1143718,1126502,1126497,1126494 by New York City Department of Consumer Affairs. In Tennessee licensed by collection service board,state department of commerce and insurance. In North Carolina this collection agency is licensed by North Carolina Department of Insurance. The license numbers are 3824,3910,3911,and 3912. It states to contact them at 7 Skyline Drive, 3rd floor, Hawthorne, NY 10

I wil report this to FTC. Unfortunately my experience with the FTC is nothing is done. I had reported a company to the FTC and they sent me a letter that to confirm the complaint.

The FTC did nothing about it. I sent complete documentation. I wonder if the FTC will do any thing about this company ripping innocent people off. I wish the people who work at the FTC got paid baised on the work they did instead of showing up.

Dawana
Torrance, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2005 09:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cavalry-Portfolio-Services/Tempe-Arizona-85282/Cavalry-Portfolio-Services-ripoff-a-bill-for-Union-76-they-are-sending-me-a-bill-for-somet-161098. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cavalry Portfolio Services

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Another Collection Scam Business

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I am not sure how these roaches get out of the house but somebody is letting them in.I too am being billed for a Union 76 balance they say I have. They even went out of their way and would take 50 percent of my bill to which I have denied. I have requested under these useless laws we have that protect the consumer for a month and year that tey say I owe. I got nothing but a confirmation from all of the Credit Reporting Agentcys that It is me that that Calvary collection hoax say. As far as what I owe is not the issue as I am told they only confirm with the fox in the chicken house on any information right or wrong. It is not a matter of choice for me. Notice how small the amounts are! Now do your math. Times a million people who will pay the pest off just to rid them off their Credit Report. I have been advised this myself.Sorry even though it is 45 bucks we have to draw a line in the sand. No and No more.
These CRA's are no longer reporting accurate information and really don't care. Guess who pays them. These donkeys need to be accountable for allowing these two bit business who make up a bunch lies get rich off of their stupid reports. Don't pay them a dime and report them until someone makes them stop. This will only happen in numbers. Everyone has got to report them to who ever will listen to you. The laws are a joke for the consumer. But they sure sound good and thats about it. Doing what you have done is a start. Keep it up.
Oh and one last thing. Where did they get this information on you. Do your homework as they have. Union Oil Company sold all their accounts and got out of the credit business. I have Citibank as a suspect. I still am looking.