Complaint Review: Cavalry Portfolio Services

• Submitted: Mon, August 15, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, August 15, 2005

• Reported By:Canyon Country California
Cavalry Portfolio Services
P.O. Box 22088 Tempe, Arizona U.S.A.

Cavalry Portfolio Services Shady Business Practices RIPOFF Tempe Arizona

In late 2002, I received an invoice from SprintPCS in reference to an outstanding debt I owed them. I had fallen on rough times, explained it to their customer service rep, and was able to send in a payment a short time later. The amount in question was approximately $20.00.

Shortly after I sent in the payment, I received a notice from a debt collector in reference to the payment I had already sent to Sprint. After a short conversation, I informed them that I had already sent off the payment days earlier and sprint should be receiving it at any time. They said okay, thank you for your time, and hung up the phone.

Early this year, I received another phonecall from these guys, Calvary Portfolio Services. I informed them of the prior conversation with another collector. Their representative was courteous and said that they would double check the issue, and that I should be good to go.

Since then starting the last couple weeks, I get numerous phonecalls a day (I've had to start screening my calls).

Long story short, to expedite the closure of this situation, I told them I would give them the 20 bucks just to leave me alone. But that wasn't good enough, interest now has my balance up to $45.00. I told them to take it or leave it, the lady wanted payment in full, so I informed her that the deal was off. I already paid sprint THREE YEARS AGO on this invoice, and they wouldn't get another cent out of me.

I promptly called sprint, and after a long time of navigating through their automated systems, I was finally able to talk to someone in their billing department.

The lady I spoke to was kind and courteous, and was very patient with me. She CONFIRMED that my bill had been paid in full as of JUNE 2002! I told her about the last two payments I submitted to them. She verified the information to be true, and that I did NOT owe Sprint any money.

Although she was reluctant to send this information DIRECTLY to Cavalry, she is being kind enough (sarcasm) to send it to me so that I could forward it to them myself.

Hopefully this is enough to get them off my back, but I won't hold my breath.

John
Canyon Country, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2005 10:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cavalry-Portfolio-Services/Tempe-Arizona-85285-2088/Cavalry-Portfolio-Services-Shady-Business-Practices-RIPOFF-Tempe-Arizona-153779. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cavalry Portfolio Services