Complaint Review: Cavalry Portfolio Services

• Submitted: Fri, September 30, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, October 04, 2005

• Reported By:Edmond Oklahoma
Cavalry Portfolio Services
8 CAMPUS CIR Westlake, Texas U.S.A.

Cavalry Portfolio Services ripoff, bad credit report Westlake Texas

*Consumer Comment: Not True!

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: yes sir

*Consumer Comment: OH PLEASE..........

I was living in california, I had AT&T cell phone service in year 2000. I got a letter from Cavalry Portfolio Services saying that i owe them $49 for my cingular wireless bill? I was like i never had cingular wireless?? So they told me , maybe u have at&t they merged? So i did have at&t however i never got any notice from at&t about this matter. I didn't wanted to fight with them i just paid what they told me. But recently i checked my credit report , and it shows i owe them $49 dollars. I called them and they corrected the error but told me it will stay in my credit report for 7 years. Now i can't even get a loan because of it. What should we do to remove this stupid thing on my credit report? I paid it the first notice they send me and i'm very unhappy about this :(

Ken
Edmond, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2005 08:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cavalry-Portfolio-Services/Westlake-Texas/Cavalry-Portfolio-Services-ripoff-bad-credit-report-Westlake-Texas-158955. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cavalry Portfolio Services

Not True!

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

That's just plain B.S. 6% vs 17% my a$$. Not for 1 paid collection of $49.00. Come on, who the hell you trying to convice, me or yourself? It takes a lot more than that to affect your credit score to that degree!!!!

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

yes sir

AUTHOR: Ken - (U.S.A.)

Oh yes, i can't get a loan the way i want. Would you like to get a loan for %17 interest rate or %6 interest rate? if i do get %17 then i will be in deep trouble, that's what i was talking about

OH PLEASE..........

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

First of all, the reason you can't get a loan is because you have BAD CREDIT, not because of a stupid $49.00 paid collection.

Secondly, everyone knows Calvary is a piece of crap company, and you should've forced them to either validate the debt, or remove this from you records. I had the same problem with NCO, collecting a non-existent debt from 14 years ago. They couldn't prove it, they removed all references to it in their records, and that was that!

I agree with you that they ripped you off, but I wont believe you cannot get a loan because of a $49.00 paid collection!