Complaint Review: Cavco manufactured homes

• Updated: Thu, September 20, 2012

• Reported By: Steven C. — Monte Rio California United States of America
Cavco manufactured homes
1001 N.Central Ave (8th Floor) phoneix, Arizona United States of America

Cavco manufactured homes Purchased 6 yr. old Cavco park model .Moved in and had terrible ''dust problem''. investigated and discovered heating ducts were not connected to floor and '' dust '' was fiberglass! phoneix, Arizona

*General Comment: Cavco Homes dust problem?

After I moved in to my Cavco home I found out the ever present recurring ''dust ''was actually fiber glass insulation being blown in by the furnace . Only one of the floor heating ducts had a connection to the main heating duct .The remaining floor vents were just blowing into the crawl space,stirring up the fiberglass insulation and then circulating into the house! ( No wonder the kitchen floor was so warm if the furnace was on.) The 80+ year old lady that i purchased this Cavco home from was breathing this ''dust'' for six years! I thought she was just a poor housekeeper because the frige coils were so impacted with ''dust''  it was like a solid sheet , as was the bathroom fan.  There were other minor defects that i could address myself but they weren't hidden dangers to my health .

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2012 10:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cavco-manufactured-homes/phoneix-Arizona-85004/Cavco-manufactured-homes-Purchased-6-yr-old-Cavco-park-model-Moved-in-and-had-terrible-875637. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cavco manufactured homes

#1 General Comment

Cavco Homes dust problem?

AUTHOR: reddrummer71 - (United States of America)

This is not a rebuttal, merely a question? Had the home been moved? I am currently considering a Cavco home and this is the reason I am asking. I know that many factors can cause duct work problems. I currently live in a site built home but I inspect the duct work every Winter and Summer and occasional maintenance is required. I am glad to find this post as it is the first negative I have heard. BBB has never received a complaint in the 41 years Cavco has been in operation. Again, merely a question and I would definitely appreciate any further information, especially the minor defects which I wish to be aware of. Peace : )