Complaint Review: Ccbill.com

• Submitted: Sun, August 31, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, August 31, 2008

• Reported By:Tucson Arizona
Ccbill.com
www.ccbill.com Tempe, Arizona U.S.A.

Ccbill.com ccbill.com is the ultimate internet scam - beware online buyers Tempe Arizona

Beware to all those who purchase items online. I am a working mom and do most of my shopping online. I have dealt with reputable companies and have not encountered any problems until ccbill.com showed up on my bank statement.

Both last month and this month a charge has appeared on my bank statement for $29.95 listing ccbill.com as the company. After doing a Google search, my concern increased. I am a victim of online buyer scammers.

The company ccbill.com appears to have an easy way to "cancel" your subscription. Funny isn't it, having to cancel something you never signed up for. However, beware! You must enter your email address and credit card number (or bank account number!) in order for them to cancel your subscription.

I felt very uncomfortable doing this on their unsecured website, so I called their 1-888 number. The woman I spoke to was cordial. However, after giving her my debit card number, my husband's debit card number, my personal bank account number, my email address AND my last name and zip code, she STILL wasn't able to locate my "subscription".

My only other option, she said, is to fax my bank statement to them proving that I have been charged the $29.95 twice. I don't see how this will help them if they can't locate my account after giving them all my personal data over the phone. Supposedly a "special investigator" will look at my account.

Have any of you received money back after faxing your bank statement to a "special investigator" at ccbill.com. What is up with these guys? Has the government been alerted? Thanks.

Beanqueen
Tucson, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2008 05:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ccbillcom/Tempe-Arizona/Ccbillcom-ccbillcom-is-the-ultimate-internet-scam-beware-online-buyers-Tempe-Arizona-368639. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ccbill.com