Complaint Review: Cedar Park Shell

• Updated: Thu, December 27, 2012

• Reported By: Gary Vienna — Vienna Virginia United States of America
Cedar Park Shell
2530 Cedar Ln Vienna, Vienna, Virginia United States of America

Cedar Park Shell, Vienna, VA Store manager Danniel simply made a small job BIGGER, Vienna, Virginia

*Author of original report: Wrong Oxygen Sensor?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: owner

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: owner

Though the store owner George looks a very nice guy, gave you discount for State Inspection, and cheaper oil change at extended time. But he hired a store manager Daniel who is expert to make small job bigger.

First, my car got emission problem ( leakage), so George asked me to do a Diagnosis ( $80). OK, I paid. Then Daniel told me the problem  is that he has to disambly the engine manifold to find out the root cause, eventually, I paid  $400 for this job -- ended up it was a broke PVC pile outside the engine!
 I paid $110 for this plastic PVC pipe ( The dealer's price is only $60).

Then next time, I asked to replace an oxigen sensor which I used OBD2 to find out which one, and ordered a Bosch replacement O2 sensor on line. After 4 hours, Daniel called me that my Bosch O2 sensor does not work ( not the same as the one he took off from my car), recommended me to buy one thru him. So I trusted him, paid extra $100 for the O2 sensor in additional $85 labor. When I picked up my car, I asked him to show me the broken O2 sensor, i realized the only difference of my Bosch O2 sensor is the cable is 2inch longer than the old one. The Bosch one should perfectly fit in as a replacement of the broken one.  Daniel was " right" that they are not exactly same sine Bosch one has 2" longer wire which is NOT a problem.  This is a common sence, he just tricked me to pay extra$100 for this. After his "State inspection service" ( including took off one wheel to check brake), my car tire lost balance, vibrated badly on highway. I had to paid another visit to another shop to re-balance my tire.

Overall, I  feel I am not brave enough to let Daniel to touch my car anymore. He is simple an expert to get into my pocket.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2012 09:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cedar-Park-Shell/Vienna-Virginia-22180/Cedar-Park-Shell-Vienna-VA-Store-manager-Danniel-simply-made-a-small-job-BIGGER-Vienn-981316. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cedar Park Shell

Wrong Oxygen Sensor?

AUTHOR: Gary Vienna - ()

George,

That day, you were there, I showed you my Bosch sensor, it's wire is 2" longer than the broken one, would perfectly fit in.  I still have the new Bosch part and old oxygen  in my garage, want me to show you again?

I know you are very diligent, are a nice guy,  try to defend for Daniel's work.  Yes, after you saw my post, you called me, I told you the same story.  $100 is no big deal, but the way Daniel practiced was not right-- it is common sense as a mechanic that different   brand parts by different manufacturers  can fit in the car if they are manufactured  as a replacement with same features/interface/performance.  Just like Shell oil will work for my car, Mobile oil does the same.  When he called me, he mislead me that my part would not fit-in.  It is hard to believe that this is a naive mistake as a mechanic manager could make.

If you did encourage this kind practice, I can not image your customers would be happy, however you work hard and  long hours.

Chen

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

owner

AUTHOR: George Said - (United States of America)

this is George the owner of this stor. responded to our Customer, Mr. Chen who called himself Dan. regarding the O2 sensor Mr. Chen paid $181.92 not  $400.00 the part was $ 89.97 and labor was $79.00  as he mintioned that the parts he brought to us was wrong and not the exact fit for this car. we offered him the option to get from us the correct O2 sensor or to get another O2 sensor he chose that we get for him the correct one. that was his choice.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

owner

AUTHOR: George Said - (United States of America)

elsewhere