Complaint Review: Cedar Point

• Reported By: Eric — Bowling Green Ohio United States of America
Cedar Point
One Cedar Point Dr. Sandusky, Ohio United States of America

Cedar Point Cedar Point misled me! Sandusky, Ohio

First, this complaint is about my former employer, Magnum Management Corporation, dba Cedar Point. I began working for the Cedar Point Police Department in May, 2004. For several seasons, the job went well, and I felt I had a good rapport with the company as a whole.

In January, 2010, I filed for Unemployment Compensation Benefits, but was denied because Cedar Point said that I had quit while work was still available. After several phone calls, a lady from Human Resources told me that she hadn't realized I'd worked a full season. I thought it seemed kind of weird, but; we all make mistakes.

This year, I was delayed in returning to work for medical reasons. When I was finally able to report for my first night of work in July, I thought things were going to work out ok after all. However, toward the first part of September, I received a phone call from my boss, Sergeant Rob Majoy, in which he stated that they were going to be closing down the gate where I'd been working, and that I should go ahead and process out. Shortly after that call, but before I processed out, I got suspicious and decided to casusally drive by Hotel Gate. Lo and behold, there was the first shift security officer standing in the guard shack (I will not mention his name). We talked for a few minutes, and I learned that they had not closed that gate at all.

After moving back home, I collected one final paycheck, and then attempted to file for more Unemployment Compensation Benefits. However, a road block came up when Cedar Point objected to my being paid Unemployment Compensation, claiming that I had "Quit for personal reasons", which I had not done. I processed out, not on my own initiative, but because Sgt. Majoy had told me to go ahead and do so.

When I was a kid growing up, I thought Cedar Point was one of the greatest places in the world. During the first four or five years, I thought it was a great place to take my cousins.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To all the employees who I refused to let drive past my gate, I am very sorry. Cedar Point had been very pleased with the way I did my job, so at the time, I thought I was doing the right thing. But after having read a complaint filed by one of the employees who worked there in 2005 and wound up with a bad infection in their foot, I don't think I did the right thing. I'm sorry for any part I may have played in causing you to have a bad experience as a Cedar Point employee.

Somebody once told me that my job as a police officer was to help people, but that I hadn't helped them at all. In hindsight, I believe they hit the nail on the head. I tended to be a Nazi sometimes, and I'm not usually like that outside of work; nor should I have been that way at work! If I had the last few years to do over again, I'd be a lot more sympathetic to people who told me they had difficulty walking.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2011 02:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cedar-Point/Sandusky-Ohio-44870/Cedar-Point-Cedar-Point-misled-me-Sandusky-Ohio-791758. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cedar Point