Complaint Review: Cedar Rapids Steel Transportation

• Submitted: Tue, December 11, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, February 09, 2014

• Reported By: anonymous — Virden Illinois United States of America
Cedar Rapids Steel Transportation

Cedar Rapids Steel Transportation As a professional driver, I have an empeccable driving record and I refuse to compromise my record. I was told by mngrs.to pick up a load. I was out of hrs. and they terminated me. Internet, Internet

*Author of original report: "Another Vindictive truck company"

I drove for CRST for over five yrs. pulling a tanker. I helped the company win the contract in 2007 by driving for them. The first 6 months, management was terrible, running it by the seat of their pants. A year after we got it going, CRST hired the best manager that I have ever drove for. The ONLY reason that I was succesful w/a company like this was because of this man.

About twenty of us drove dedicated freight. I have always recieved my annual safe driving awards and have NEVER had issues with logs. Three weeks ago I recieved a letter of accomodation from the safety department. I have seen a whole bunch of drivers, managers, & dispatchers come & go. Four weeks ago, our fantastic manager moved on and mangement went to Cedar Rapids, ( or, to hell in a hand basket), and it stays in a " HIGH SPEED WOBBLE ".

Drivers are being forced to drive illegally and some are giving the company a two week notice.  I have been threatend, intimidated, cussed and accused of not knowing what I am doing. I have been driving for 16 years, zero CSA, accident free with a 15 year safe driving award from O.O.I.D.A.. I have excellent communication skills. On 12-7-12, I was terminated 4 not driving illegally.

I was told to take the tractor to a CRST facility today, 12-10-12 OR CRST would make it as hasrd as possible for me to get another job & CRST would put ABANDONMENT on my DAC report. I did as CRST instructed me & then they refused to provide me with a ride home. 8 hrs. later, after asking over a hundred drivers for a ride, a drver took me home and I gave him $50.00 . CRST is a ruthless, un-ethical, lieng, un-loyall and devious under handed company that HATES truck drivers, I AM LIVING PROOF .        "DRIFTER"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2012 05:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cedar-Rapids-Steel-Transportation/internet/Cedar-Rapids-Steel-Transportation-As-a-professional-driver-I-have-an-empeccable-driving-980730. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cedar Rapids Steel Transportation

"Another Vindictive truck company"

AUTHOR: Drifter - ()

"Another VINDICTIVE truck company" After 5.5 years of service with CRST, obtaining 5 annual safe driving certificates, and numerous letters of accomodation from the safety department, I was terminated because I refused to operate a commercial vehicle over my 70 hours, and if that wasn't enough, they report to DAC that I am not eligable for rehire, (like I would want to be rehired), and this is a tactic that truck companies use to harm drivers records, a final jab, if you will. The strange thing is, they contact me all the time asking me to come back. Can you see the spite, the revenge, the VINDICTIVENESS....