- Report: #636097
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Celadon Trucking Indianapolis, IN
Celadon Trucking Indianapolis, INOne Celadon Way Indianapolis, Indiana United States of America
Celadon Trucking Indianapolis, IN CTS What more can I add that hasn't already been said,? Indianapolis, Indiana
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I have read the many Complaints, Posts and/or Blogs regarding Celadon Trucking Svcs. I must concur or agree with most other complaints, in that during my tenure, I have endured many of those same instances. We all agree that Celadon is an "Organization Centered" Company that has little or no regard or respect for it's fundamental and "Life-Blood" employees, and couldn't care less for their welfare.
Without being reduntunt, I have only three additional issues that I haven't already been addressed...(1) OnLine Settlement Documents, (2) Driver Safety, and (3) Driver Abandonment, (3)
(1) OnLine Settlement Documents: The one thing I haven't seen addressed is the right of the employee/driver to receive PAY Documents, settlement sheets, etc. What gives Celadon Trucking the right to deny the employee/driver these fundamental documents. Rather than asorbing the costs of producing these documents and mailing them to the employee/drivers home, they opted to make them only available OnLine. Many drivers are not computer literate, do not own computers, nor have readily access to view or address issues in PAY discrepancies, and/or other issues that may arise. I was not afforded the choice to "Opt-Out" for paperless transactions. Isn't this just another attempt for Celadon to defraud their employees/drivers?
(2) Driver Safety: This complaint concerns equipment failure, and how it impacted driver safety and health: I was assigned an "09 Int'l ProStar" tractor. It was "New" upon assignment in June 08. Shortly after the 40,000 mi front-end re-alignment, I noticed movement (shimmy) in the steering wheel. I reported this to two facilities/shops. They checked it for loose/worn parts, then released for duty. The freeplay (Shimmy) continually worsened, and was reported via qual-comm, but ignored, as usual.
On a trip from Texas to Pennsylvania, It was really bad. A passing driver informed me to stop and check out the front-end, as it "Looked like the Left Front Tire was about to fall off"..........I did, and couldn't find any loose or worn parts, then continued to my destination. Approx 2 hrs later, another driver informed me that the "Right Front Tire looked like it was about to FALL OFF" Again, I stopped to check out the suspension. Again, I failed to find any loose, damaged, or missing parts. I again reported the equipment condition. I was instructed to "Deliver the Load" and they would get me into a shop.
After delivering that load, I was able to park "Off-Site" to wait for further instruction. Road Maint finally messaged me that the shop in that area couldn't get me in until the following Tues (5 days later). Several hours later, they directed me to take the equipment to a dealer/shop near Easton, PA...........I complied! They took the truck into the shop, examined it and found a problem with the left front tire and "KingPin Movement"
A debate took place between Celadon and that shop. One argueing that this was a warantee issue, while the other argued this was a maint. issue. In Short, Celadon refused to PAY for repairs, ordered me to drive this confirmed damaged equipment, back to Indianapolis. Celadon's shop examined the truck, then referred it to "BrickYard Int'l" dealer/shop where I sat from Mon morning thru late Thursday, uncompensated, of course. Celadon has really demonstrated their concern for Driver Safety with this driver.
(3) Driver Abandonment: My Annual DOT Physical Exam was due in May 2010. I was enroute from Pennsylvania, to Iowa with a load to be delivered early the next morning (5/13), but routed through the facility at Indianapolis to update that physical.
During the Physical, it was noted that I had an irregularity in my heartbeat, and the Dr. wanted an EKG to verify any severity. So, I was transported to the local clinic, and the EKG was done. Both the tech and Dr there, read those results. Individually, they explained the irregularity, and that it corrected itself, I was not in any immenent danger and returned me to work, but that Dr wanted a second opinion, and advised me to go to the local E.R. to have a second EKG for verification of his equipment. This was at my expense, of course!
Again, I was transported to the local Emergency Room, and instructed them as to the reason of my visit, to have a second "EKG" done for verification only. The technician there read the original ekg, and again explained how it corrected itself, I could return to work, but the Dr had to concur and release me. A short while later, the Dr entered the room, and discussed family history of Heart Disease, of which there isn't any. He then left the room to prepare my discharge. Four Medical Professionals have cleared me and returned me to duty.
A few moments later, another Dr(?) entered the room, demanded that I was having a Heart Attack, and ordered me into hospital attire, as they had to "get me upstairs immediately" Of Course, I became irate and stormed out of the hospital.
As much of the day had been wasted, I returned to the yard, prepared my truck for movement, and departed enroute to my destination (Iowa). Before I traveled across Indianapolis, the qual-comm was busy. I stopped to respond in Pittsboro.
The Night Operations Mgr (05/12/10) informed me that "I was having a Heart Attack" and ordered me to pard assigned vehicle, then dispatched police to ensure I didn't move said equipment. Later that evening, The Director of Safety arrived at my location, and explained that the hospital grounded me for a serious health issue. After he departed, another driver was dispatched to my location to drive me and equipment back to the facility.
Bottom Line, Celadon's taking the unsubstantiated word of one Dr left me stranded at their facility, attempting to force me back to that hospital for unwarranted Heart surgery. Celadon was SO Concerned for my health, they never offered transportation to get me safely home, thus abandoning me in Indianapolis, IN., forcing me to get home the best way I could.
Since May 13, I have yet to hear from anyone at Celadon, with exception of the benefits department wanting to be paid for Insurance premiums. Celadon, a real caring Company.......Whatta Joke
I understand the National Economy is low, and unemployment is High. I can also understand that we must ALL do our part to rebuild the economy. Yes, ALL of us! If Celadon was hit so hard, that it had to cut vacation packages by almost half, why is it that the Facility is so full of NEW Equipment, there's rarely parking available? And also, Why is it that we the drivers at Celadon, the Life-Blood of the company, must continue with the reduced benefits while the CEO, Mr Steve Russell receives millions of Dollars in Bonuses? How about the other exec's!!!!!!!
Towels? No more Towels? Driver's allegedly stealing towels?????? Gimme a break! Last time I "Borrowed" a towel, it was so rotten, it ripped!!!!!!
No More Coffee? Celadon officials alledge Drivers stealing coffee as well?
I could / would not respectfully recommend anyone to Celadon Trucking Services
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2010 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Celadon-Trucking-Indianapolis-IN/Indianapolis-Indiana-/Celadon-Trucking-Indianapolis-IN-CTS-What-more-can-I-add-that-hasnt-already-been-said-636097. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.