Complaint Review: Celadon Trucking

• Updated: Thu, August 09, 2012

• Reported By: Sapphire58 — Knoxville Tennessee United States of America
Celadon Trucking

Celadon Trucking Steve Russell CEO , Internet

*Author of original report: Still no paycheck

*UPDATE Employee: Celadon Driver Satisfied

During orientation Mr Russell tells his new employees that if you can't get a situation resolved then continue up the chain of command until it reaches his desk. That will never happen because you are told in no uncertain terms that if this goes farther then there will be no resolution by his frontline employees. You cannot make any money as an owner operator when you are always paying for the repairs of a truck you buy ...because the mechanics don't do the repairs properly when the truck is in their shop. Then you breakdown 1000 miles from their shop (because of their negligence) and you are without pay until the repairs are reimbursed. I really thought Celadon would have much more integrity than their employees display. What a legacy for Mr Russell to leave to his family.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2012 09:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Celadon-Trucking/internet/Celadon-Trucking-Steve-Russell-CEO-Internet-913798. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Celadon Trucking

Still no paycheck

AUTHOR: Sapphire58 - (United States of America)

We are in to our fourth week with no breakdowns and averaging 2600-2800 miles. Again no paycheck

Celadon Driver Satisfied

AUTHOR: Trucking 10yrs - (United States of America)

I Have worked for Celadon for 10 years and 8 of them as an owner operator. I Dont remember a thing from orentation because frankly i didnt care then and it was long ago. After the first two years running my own truck i went to Landstar thinking the grass was greener. I couldnt afford to put tires on my truck with Landstar. So back to Celadon!! They say the average length of haul is 1000 miles and i agree! I may even average 1200 not incuding the ones to get me home. I often go a week running my own schedule with open drop and hooks and no appts. Super chill. In response to getting paid back for my repairs.......if i got paid back for them that would be AWSOME! I own my truck and i reccomend anybody who is considering being an owner opp keep at least $10,000  at all times to cover some expenses. Im not getting rich driving a truck but with Celadon I do just fine. I couldnt imagine running over the road with a better company! I have never had a problem the driver managers couldnt handle.