Complaint Review: Celebrate Express - Birthday Express - Reservation Rewards

• Updated: Sat, May 31, 2008

• Reported By:Portland Oregon
Celebrate Express - Birthday Express - Reservation Rewards
Internet U.S.A.

Celebrate Express - Birthday Express - Reservation Rewards Gift Certificate Scam sells your credit card information to its sister company Internet

I purchased a large amount of product from birthday-express.com after receiving their catalog in the mail. My cousin has been using them for years so I believed it to be safe. After I placed my purchase it said that since I spent over a certain amount I qualified for a ten dollar gift certificate towards my next purchase. I began to fill out my information for the gift certificate. However I ran out of time, as I was on my lunch break, and closed the box without completing the form or clicking submit. Now almost two months later my husband noticed two $12 fees from "reservation rewards". We did not even know what it was. I never gave these people my credit card information, or authorized them to debit any amount from my account. Nor did I sign up for this membership account with them. With my banks help I got their phone number and called to find out that this was linked to the ten dollar offer from birthday express. The sales person said that when I signed up for it I was also signed up for this account. Remember though that I never completed the registration process, nor was the fact the I was also signing up for this membership provided to me. As I never gave these people my credit card information the only logical conclusion is that birthday express sold it to them. I have had reservation rewards close the account and they say in the next 3-5 business days I'll receive a refund of the $12 they debited my account. They continue to insist that I signed up for the service.

Krys
Portland, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2008 10:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Celebrate-Express-Birthday-Express-Reservation-Rewards/internet/Celebrate-Express-Birthday-Express-Reservation-Rewards-Gift-Certificate-Scam-sells-you-336019. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Celebrate Express - Birthday Express - Reservation Rewards