Complaint Review: Celebration World Resort

• Updated: Sun, January 19, 2014

• Reported By: beatriz — Maracay Alabama
Celebration World Resort
Atlantis Way Kissimee, Florida USA

Celebration World Resort sold upgrades wich turned out to be down grades Kissimee Florida

Hi In 2001 we bought a timeshare with Celebration World Resort. We got 84500 RCI pts which you can use to change resorts pay for flights and so on. After we finished paying they offered an upgrade wih lower maintenance fees;which was possible because there would no brokers or third parties assigned to collect payments and or fees,we paid directly to CWR. WE spend 2 years more paying, and received 133.400 RCI pts. For a time all went well, we payed our fees at CWR by phone or when we visited. Then with any notice I discovered when i called that I should pay my fees at Festiva,no mention of the resort changing owner or any problems. Last November I discovered I only had 31000 RCI pts. I called RCI they told me to call CWR which told me to call Festiva..each blaming the other. At last I received a call from Festiva explaining that CWR had assigned more RCI points and they only had made adjustments. At my question about what happenned with the two years of extra payments,she didnt know what to say. I felt outraged and helpless because 31000 pts is considerably less than I had before the upgrade! I'm from Venezuela it was very difficult to make any payments in foreign currency but we found away,we didn't want to lose our investment and our points. I've been browsing the Internet after Festiva had the nerve (this January)to se werend us a letter explaining maintenance fees were higher because there was a lawsuit against them. REALLY!! Since then I've read blogs heard several similar stories most of them were contacted by CWR or Festiva explaining and or offering options. That was not my case. I found out by myself even it was quite late.I I feel ripped of and discriminated as we were not worthy enough to keep up with the resort being sold,but of course helping with money for the lawsuit ...that we are good for. I would like to know if there are more non USA residents involved. I am taking steps to participate in this lawsuit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2014 05:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Celebration-World-Resort/Kissimee-Florida/Celebration-World-Resort-sold-upgrades-wich-turned-out-to-be-down-grades-Kissimee-Florida-1116684. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Celebration World Resort