Complaint Review: Celebrations World Resort(Festiva Orland Resort)

• Submitted: Tue, January 29, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, March 01, 2013

• Reported By: Tom — Coventry Rhode Island United States of America
Celebrations World Resort(Festiva Orland Resort)
7503 Atlantis Way IKissimmee, Florida United States of America
  • Phone: 866-933-7848
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

Celebrations World Resort(Festiva Orland Resort) Festiva Hospitality Group Breached Orignal Contracts IKissimmee, Florida

*Author of original report: Celebrations(Festiva Orlando Resort)

*Consumer Comment: Festiva Hospitality Group Breached Orignal Contracts

*UPDATE Employee: Contact us directly so we may assist you

*UPDATE Employee: Working on relief for Owners

*UPDATE Employee: Response: CWR / FOR owners RCI points

*UPDATE Employee: Information regarding CWR / FOR owners

*Author of original report: Celebration World Resort ,Festiva Orlando Resort

*Consumer Comment: Same Situation - Scammed

*Author of original report: celebrations world resort(Festiva)

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: ripped off

I purchased a package at Celebrations in 2004 and have been staying there using my RCI allocated points every year. In 2012, I was informed by Festiva, who has purchased the unsold inventory and management rights they changed my allocated RCI points from 173,400 points to 36,300 points and the points required to stay went from 30,000  to 51,000 points required for one week.  I have a deed and 2 contracts to support my 173,000 points and to date Festiva Hospitality group has not acknowledged how they were able to do this.

They are making me jump through hoops to get to the bottom of this breach of contract.  I have been told approximately 11,000 owners have received the same treatment.  I would certainly be willing in participating in a class action case.  I spend approximately $8000-$10,000 a year in Jan and Feb in the state of Florida.  Mutiply that by 11,000 and it is a lot of money and bad publicity the State and Timehares are getting.  Anyone else who has the same sitiuation should lodge a complaint.  Together we can get to the bottom of this and hopefully get our contracts reinstated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2013 11:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Celebrations-World-ResortFestiva-Orland-Resort/IKissimmee-Florida-34747/Celebrations-World-ResortFestiva-Orland-Resort-Festiva-Hospitality-Group-Breached-Origna-1005480. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Celebrations World Resort(Festiva Orland Resort)

Celebrations(Festiva Orlando Resort)

AUTHOR: Tom - ()

Go to Clebrations/Festiva/RCI/continued blog and register your complaint.  Finn Law Group in Florida is trying to get a  class action suit certified.  Contact Mike Finn at Finn Law and tell him you want to be part of the class action.

Festiva Hospitality Group Breached Orignal Contracts

AUTHOR: Tuan Le - ()

I am in the same situation. I purchased a package from Celebration World in 2009. I was allocated 82,000 points every other year. That can be used for about 1 week vacation each year. Now, when Festiva takes over the management, they only allocate me 31,000 points every other year. This is not even enough for 1 week vacation for every 2 years.

I would have never purchased a package like that. This is cheating and stealing, if not robbing. But I still have to pay maintenance fee every year. Why should I pay maintenance fee every year when I can hardly have 1 week vacation every 2 years? This is really a ripoff. I am willing to participate in a class action case too. Please let me know

Contact us directly so we may assist you

AUTHOR: fachelp - ()

Please contact us directly at fachelp@gmail.com so we can look at your specific account. I work for the company.

AUTHOR: Tom - ()

Since you wish to discuss this on the ripoff website, I will ask you the following:

1. Based on your across the board rash decision, I could not book for my normal six weeks for 2014 because I no longer had the 173,400 points allocated in my RCI account. I have stayed at the resort every year except one since 2004. I needed to book in Feb. to meet the 11 to 12 month RCI requirement.

2.  When I requested your oganization to look into this so I could book for 2014, I was first ignored and then told that there was nothing they could do.

3.  After sending a certified letter to your CEO in Ashville, NC, I received a letter that stated this problem was due to bad management decsions made in 2008 and 2009.  Since many people bought before that time including me, I do not see how that should affect all of us.

4.  People paid good money to buy these timeshare ownerships.  Where is the money ?

I do not see where you are trying to resolve this problem.  Give us a plan on how you are going to compensate us.  Publish a plan on this website if you what to.  I do not want excuses or vague promises, I want what I paid for.

Working on relief for Owners

AUTHOR: fachelp - ()

We are working to achieve some type of relief for owners that have been affected by this situation and will send further information to owners as it becomes available.

AUTHOR: Tom - ()

i do not understand why Festiva is responding to the ripoff report, but has not taken any steps to deal with owners directly.  Your responses are putting the burden of your former and present management bad decisions on people who bought time shares in good faith.

Response: CWR / FOR owners RCI points

AUTHOR: fachelp - ()

There should be no effect on owners whose RCI points were correctly calculated at the time of purchase. Please do realize the change in RCI points was not an arbitrary decision made by our company. Your deeded Celebration World shares must match the number of points that are being given to RCI on your behalf.

Continuing to provide excess RCI points to owners that did not have deeded inventory to match those points would not only be a breach of our fiduciary duty but would also be illegal.

AUTHOR: Tom - ()

1. I received a letter from Festiva indicating the selling of excess rci points occured in 2008 and 2009 time frame. I do not understand how that effects people who bought property prior to that date.  Festiva's response to the issue effects everyone.  Since many people bought before that date how our we effected?  Also what about all the money people invested?  I plan on pursuing this legally and anyone interested in joining me is welcome.  We will incurr some legal expenses, but I am not walking away from this.

Information regarding CWR / FOR owners

AUTHOR: fachelp - ()

When we acquired your resort (CWR) out of foreclosure, we found that the prior developer had substantially oversold the amount of RCI points available at the resort.  Essentially, your resort must provide an equal number of FOR unit weeks to RCI for the number of RCI points issued to FOR owners.  Because the number of RCI points was oversold by the prior developer there was not enough inventory to back up these points.  Had we continued to subsidize the RCI points your resort would endure further financial distress resulting in higher maintenance fees and disrepair at FOR.

Despite this information, our company is working to improve both the financial issues at your resort as well as the quality of accommodations at FOR.  We began improvements shortly after our acquisition in 2011 and are continuing to do so.  For more information, please contact member services at 866-933-7848.

AUTHOR: Tom - (United States of America)

festiva has yet to support their position for taking this action.  to date they have not been forthcoming.  we need to organize a formal complaint to them.  please help getting more owners involved. facebook, twitter, complain to florida timeshare contolling agency.  I will be pursuing this more now thast i am back home.

Celebration World Resort ,Festiva Orlando Resort

AUTHOR: Tom - (United States of America)

we need to organize to make a difference.  Please help get all the owners you know involved.. Together we can get to the bottom of this and get what we paid for.

Same Situation - Scammed

AUTHOR: gsoccer7 - (United States of America)

Originally purchased weeks in 2000. Upgraded my week to points in 2009 for 82,500 per year (165,000 bi-annual), and was just told in Jan 2013 that I am down to 31,000 points per year now.  Festiva has just given me the run around.  Florida DBPR says there is nothing they can do and to just work with Festiva.

celebrations world resort(Festiva)

AUTHOR: Tom - (United States of America)

i read your report and I would appreciate any support you can give in contacting other owners to help organize a stronger response to Festiva.

#14 REBUTTAL Owner of company

ripped off

AUTHOR: debbie - (United States of America)

we too are victims at celebration world we had 84,500 points yearly since 2004 we just got a letter from festiva stating we now have only 34,000 points. the letter was sent after we paid our property and maintence fee. we have called them and just keep getting a run around between festiva and celebration world. seems awful funny that festiva got the same tax id as celebration world