Complaint Review: Celebrity Productions

• Submitted: Sat, July 09, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, August 09, 2011

• Reported By: Lue — Waldorf Maryland United States of America
Celebrity Productions

Celebrity Productions Funtime Vacations and Ultimate Cruise Passport. This is a SCAM Can We File A Class Action Lawsuit? Internet

*Consumer Comment: Agree to class action

I to went to one of the meetings in Washington, DC at the Holiday Inn at 2101 Wisconsin Ave and was given a coupon for a cruise ($99.00). I also mailed in the payment and then was sent a letter to mail in another $100.00. That $100.00 got my a 2 page color brochure (which by the way did not include the balcony room)asking for another $75.00 to be mailed to Tampa. I called and asked Pam Mercer about this and she said that I had to let the booking agent know about the discrepency.

I sent the $75 in and yesterday spoke with an agent at Cruise Broker which said they had nothign to do with what Celebrity promised but they would be happy to upgrade me for a fee. The "free Crusie" inside cabin was going to cost me $468 per person to book. Not even close to the fees that is stated on the papers. They are very restrictive to the dates you can book. They are crooks plain and simple! The Hotels that are allowing them to book these events need to distance themselves from these types of activities not to damage their own reputation. I have started looking for an Attorney to find out if we can file a class action suit against these companies because we are all victims.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2011 09:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Celebrity-Productions/internet/Celebrity-Productions-Funtime-Vacations-and-Ultimate-Cruise-Passport-This-is-a-SCAM-Can-750971. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Celebrity Productions

Agree to class action

AUTHOR: Createmac - (United States of America)

I have also been a victim of this scam.  I am currently looking into attorney's for advise about a class action.  I am including the travel agency that sold the package, ASAP Travel and the company that withdrew my money, Altcharge, in my searches.

Have you had any luck, I would love to get on your team for a class action, these people took my honeymoon!