Complaint Review: Celebrity White teeth

• Updated: Thu, February 11, 2010

• Reported By: Betty Jo — McGregor Minnesota United States of America
Celebrity White teeth
20100 S. Vermont Ave. Torrance, California United States of America

Celebrity White teeth Premium White Free Sample Becomes Expensive Membership Torrance, California

Saw ad for 2 whitening products that work best when used together; ordered free sample for small shipping charge.  Was charged $149 & $125, respectively; Their Customer service agents said I signed up for a membership when I requested the sample & had 14 days to cancel.  The ad is very misleading and info on membership well hidden in layers of testimonials, so I did not know I'd gotten caught in a negative check-off scam. The 14 days start from the day you order - not even giving time to try the product - which I will not open because I certainly wouldn't trust it. Requested refund and was turned down by both companies. I did ask one agent if these companies were in this together - to which he responded no. However, in filing a report with the Better Business Bureau, they both have the same HQ address. And, there is nothing in the package that says you're now a member, here's now to cancel, etc.  Even though I sent an e-mail to Celebrity White requesting a refund and indicating I did not want their membership, their reply to me indicated I would still be charged $12.95 a month until I formally canceled my membership with their Customer Service department.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2010 03:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Celebrity-White-teeth/Torrance-California-90502/Celebrity-White-teeth-Premium-White-Free-Sample-Becomes-Expensive-Membership-Torrance-Cal-568191. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Celebrity White teeth