Complaint Review: Cell2get.com

• Submitted: Wed, February 03, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, February 03, 2010

• Reported By: Michelle — Fort Jennings Ohio United States of America
1316 Avenue M Ste2 Brooklyn, New York United States of America

Cell2get.com selling used phones as brand new and charging restocking fees when returned Brooklyn, New York

Do not use this company!!!

I ordered a cell phone from this website 12-9-09. They advertise all phones as brand new phones. I did not receive this phone until 12-23-09. It was supposed to be free 3 day shipping. This was after I had called the phone number listed on the website more than once to talk to someone. When I received the phone it was used. It had 1 1/2 hrs of talk time & numerous scratches. I immediately called this company back & was told I was wrong the time was from them unlocking the phone. (A brand new phone does not need unlocked!)and the scratches must have happened in shipping. It was also in a different brand box with no owners manual. But if I wasn't happy I could return the phone.

To make a long story short I returned the phone expecting a full refund of the purchase price since the merchandise was not as described. I was only refunded about 70% of the price & the remainder was kept as a restocking fee! I could understand this if I had just changed my mind about the purchase but I didnt.I paid for a brand new phone & expected a brand new phone. I am currently disputing this with my credit card company for a full refund.

This website is very crooked!!  Beware!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2010 05:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cell2getcom/Brooklyn-New-York-11230/Cell2getcom-selling-used-phones-as-brand-new-and-charging-restocking-fees-when-returned-564190. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cell2get.com