Complaint Review: CellZum

• Submitted: Thu, October 25, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, October 25, 2012

• Reported By: anonymous — Portland Oregon USA
CellZum

CellZum Ericsson IPX $9.99 Subscription:CellZum Concierge Subscription false charges, cell phone, text message rip off, Internet

I received a text on my cell phone stating that a subscription (CellZum) that I had never heard of was being continued for the next month for $9.99.  I have never bought anything by text.  I called the company and got the same story reported by others on this site---that I had been randomly chosen (I suppose randomly charged would be a better word) and (very nicely and politely by the customer service woman) all I had to do to stop the subscription is to text STOP (all caps) to stop my "subscription."  That still did not account for the $9.99 charged for the previous month.  I demanded that it be refunded.  She said that they refund only by check and I should be receiving a check in 10 days.  I will believe it when I see it.  Interestingly, re:  random selection--my daughter got the exact same email.  Call CellZum, not your provider.

I am angry at yet another time sap with yet another company (though I suspect it is not a company).  The woman could not really tell me what the company did---something about travel (like booking reservations!) and cable channels (I do not have a TV)...vague, vague.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2012 10:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CellZum/internet/CellZum-Ericsson-IPX-999-SubscriptionCellZum-Concierge-Subscription-false-charges-cell-960296. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CellZum