Complaint Review: Cellular One - Dobson Communications

• Updated: Fri, October 30, 2009

• Reported By: Lisa — Livingston Kentucky United States of America
Cellular One - Dobson Communications
401 East Memorial Road Oklahoma City, Oklahoma United States of America

Cellular One - Dobson Communications Dobson Communications Early Termination Fees Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

I contacted Cellular One in September 2009 to ask about their buyout to Verizon Wireless.  At that time, I was told I did not have to stay with Verizon--even though I still had a 2 year contract with Cellular One.

So I chose not to continue with Verizon and asked if I could cancel my contract with Cellular One.  The customer service representative assured me that I could cancel without any early termination fees, charges, etc.

I found a new carrier (AT&T), had my cell phone numbers ported over to AT&T and canceled my services with Cellular One a few weeks later--October 2, 2009.  When I received my last monthly statement from Cellular one yesterday (October 29, 2009) I was shocked!  My bill was $714.25!  It normally runs around $140 a month.

I called Cellular One.  I was told that since I canceled my service before the transition with Verizon (November 7, 2009) that I was responsible for early termination fees!  Again, I told Cellular One I had already spoken to someone in September regarding this issue and that person assured me I could cancel without fees.  There was no note on my account or any "proof" I actually had.

So here I am, stuck with a $714.25 bill that I cannot afford.  It is basically my word against Cellular One.  I do not feel I should have to pay for a mistake made by their customer service representatives.

I feel like I have been tricked and fooled into canceling so Cellular One could make more money.  I hate Cellular One!  I would not recommend Cellular One to anyone--ever!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2009 08:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cellular-One-Dobson-Communications/Oklahoma-City-Oklahoma-73114/Cellular-One-Dobson-Communications-Dobson-Communications-Early-Termination-Fees-Oklahoma-517299. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cellular One - Dobson Communications