Complaint Review: Cellular One Of East Central Illinois

• Submitted: Tue, February 25, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, February 25, 2003

• Reported By:Georgetown Illinois
Cellular One Of East Central Illinois
28 Towne Centre Danville, Illinois U.S.A.

Cellular One Of East Central Illinois rip-off Danville Illinois

While I was on a 3 day vacation, Cell One decided that I had to leave my present position which I held for 18 months to take a position I did not want in another department. My supervisor said they didn't want to hire from an agency--there was a "hiring freeze". She also said the department I was in was "overstaffed", yet she had just hired 2 women from part-time status to full time.

I was forced to do this or lose my job completely. It was a job with completely different duties and different working hours--later than I already worked. The other job had always been filled through a job agency. I refused to take it. A week later someone else stepped up to fill it and they blatantly advertised in the paper for my position. They said now the department was down one person----not by MY math it wasn't!

Even though I had been there the entire previous year, they would not give me the year end bonus I had earned. They ended my insurance coverage in mid-month yet still withheld depedent insurance from my paycheck I received through the first of the next month. Made me pay extra for COBRA for the last part of that month that was paid. I was at work everyday, never late, and hardly took any time off. I had approximately 60 hours of sick pay built up that they would not give me when I left. So much for loyalty!

About 2 weeks later I was sitting at the job agency that placed me there 18 months ago, trying to find another job, and over-hearing a phone call from my previous supervisor asking them to help find her an employee for the job I just left!!! They said I "resigned"---but I never gave them a letter of resignation nor did I sign anything to that effect. They did the same thing to a woman named Bobbie just a year ago---forced her out by saying she lied to them about where she was when she called in sick. They traced her cell phone and received information they later found out was wrong.

They are a company who does not care about their employees so how can they care about their customers??!!

Debra
Georgetown, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2003 03:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cellular-One-Of-East-Central-Illinois/Danville-Illinois-61832/Cellular-One-Of-East-Central-Illinois-rip-off-Danville-Illinois-46929. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cellular One Of East Central Illinois