Complaint Review: Cellular One, cell one

• Submitted: Wed, September 18, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, September 18, 2002

• Reported By:perham mn
Cellular One, cell one
main st Detroit lakes Mn 56501 Detroit lakes, Minnesota U.S.A.

Cellular One ripoff not promised as advertised Detroit lakes Minnesota

Well for starters, (I could type a novel on this) They advertised on the radio and in person stating that for a price you can get a phone with free weekends, ect.... Ok so we wanted two phones. They stated yes not a problem you both share min. and free weekends on both phones not. Not. We got a bill and holy smokers what a shock. I call customer service and they state no you don't have free weekends or share mins. So then I called the dealer (sales) in where I bought it.

He said yes you both get free weekends and share mins. I said well billing state I don't!! So the dealer stated he would check into it, and I said what about the bill he stated I'll take care of it. Next thing you know they shut my phone down. Called the dealer he said he would take care of it and get it back on. My wife has her own business and I have my own business.

We happen to use those numbers in advertising (not good when the phones are shut off. So I called him Week Later (manager/ sales) still checking. So I had to pay $40 reconnect fee plus the dam bill. This went on for a month. I said piss on it. I upped my package plan and pay extra for the other phone on weekends talk about getting screwed. My only alternate plan is to pay thousands in redoing my addvertiseing to change my number and find a different cell dealer.... What do you think of that.........

Detroit Lakes MN, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2002 04:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cellular-One-cell-one/Detroit-lakes-Minnesota-56501/Cellular-One-ripoff-not-promised-as-advertised-Detroit-lakes-Minnesota-30421. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cellular One, cell one