Complaint Review: Cellular One

• Updated: Sun, January 27, 2008

• Reported By:Cooper Landing Alaska
Cellular One
Anchorage, Alaska U.S.A.

Cellular One Over-charge and fraudulent charges and threats of ruining my credit. Anchorage Alaska

Cellular One:

I have received their billing history for my account. Because of their lousy service(continually dropping my calls), I found it necessary to switch cell-phone companies. I did that on November 17, 2007. The other company closed my account with Cellular, on that date, and I know that happened because I managed to keep the same number and couldnt have done that if they hadnt released it when I cancelled.

Now they are sending me bills for the whole month of November and also the month of December and January. So not only is their service lousy, but either their billing department is incompetent or they are a bunch of crooks.

If they were a legitimate company they would prorate my November use and withdraw any charges beyond the cancellation date. As a matter of fact, I was no longer under contract to Cellular one, my 2 year obligation long having been fulfilled. Without signing anything, I was advised that they would continue me on a month to month basis and that I could cancel any time I wanted.

Also, they have charged me a RECONNECT FEE when in fact I have never reconnected to their service. My monthly charge was supposed to be $60 but they managed to charge me an extra $4.99 per month for some bogus PHONE PROTECTION fee, which is a rip-off. Under other charges they slapped me with an additional $29.98 for 1. COMPLIANCE FEE($1.75); 2. RECONNECT FEE($25.00); 3. STATE UNIVERSAL SVC FUND($0.72); 4. FEDERAL SVC FUND($1.16); AND 5. 911 SERVICE FEE COUNTY($1.35). And they have also charged me an additional $10.00 under "Other Charges", without explanation.

I certainly would not recommend Cellular One to anyone including Al Queda, perhaps maybe to Hilliary Clinton.

Cooper Landing, Alaska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2008 05:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cellular-One/Anchorage-Alaska/Cellular-One-Over-charge-and-fraudulent-charges-and-threats-of-ruining-my-credit-Anchorag-303863. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cellular One